An update from Sara Semal regarding the COVID-19 testing protocol on campus for Summer 2021, including some important reminders.
As we move into summer, we are changing our testing protocols and hours based on vaccination status. If you are vaccinated, please complete the vaccine verification on myhealth.oxy.edu (instructions below), in order to be eligible for once weekly testing. For now, please complete this form to sign up for summer testing: https://forms.gle/
Beginning Monday, May 17, our testing protocol will change to:
Vaccinated individuals: 1x weekly testing
Unvaccinated individuals: 2x weekly testing
Emmons hours for testing throughout the summer will be:
Salivary testing in 2nd floor AGC - Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:00am - 12:30pm
Rapid testing at Emmons - Monday through Friday, 9:00am - 11:00am
- Log into myhealth.oxy.edu using your Oxy credentials.
- Complete 2-step verification
- On the front page, choose: Enter My COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Upload a picture of your vaccination card (requested, not required)
- Enter the date vaccinated and type of vaccine received (may add to this form after each dose)
- Click “Done”
A few reminders about summer testing
1. The salivary testing schedule is Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 8am-12:30pm on the 2nd floor of AGC. Please do not eat, drink or smoke for at least one hour prior to testing.
2. Vaccinated individuals who are on campus one day or more a week must get tested once a week. Unvaccinated individuals must get tested twice a week (on a Monday/Thursday schedule). Please complete the vaccine verification on myhealth.oxy.edu (*
3. Please sign up to be on the regular testing schedule here: https://forms.gle/
- Please sign up again, even if you are on another list to be on campus or were on the testing schedule for the spring semester.
- If you are unable to sign up, come to AGC on your chosen testing day and they will add you to the schedule then.
- As a reminder, you will be given an appointment time through the system, but you may come to get tested anytime between 8-12:30 on your testing days.
4. Individuals who miss their Monday salivary test can make it up on Tuesday. However, given the salivary testing schedule, individuals who miss their Tuesday or Thursday test can make it up the following day at Emmons with a rapid test.
5. If you are coming onto campus irregularly, you must get a rapid test the morning that you are coming in. Rapid testing is M-F from 9am-11am at Emmons. You do not need to sign up in advance.
6. Those coming in for a quick visit, such as to grab something or drop something off, do not need to get tested.
Senior Director, Emmons Wellness Center