The COVID Operations Group shares an update to the campus isolation policy.
To the Occidental Community:
As the COVID Operations Group (COG) continues to monitor campus and community levels of COVID and the latest pandemic developments, we want to share an update to the campus isolation policy. Oxy’s updated guidelines are in line with those of the State of California and County of Los Angeles, both of which have recently updated their mandatory isolation period policies in accordance with the CDC. The updated isolation policy for Oxy is as follows:
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID must isolate (stay home) for a minimum of 5 full days.
- Individuals may leave isolation, beginning on Day 6, if these criteria are met:
- Fever-free for the past 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing medications
- No symptoms or symptoms that are mild and improving
- On Day 6 or later, as long as the above criteria are met, individuals are free to leave isolation.
- There is no longer a requirement to test negative on a rapid test in order to leave isolation between Day 6 and Day 10.
- Please note that individuals are still required to wear a well-fitting mask around other people through Day 10, regardless of when they exit isolation.
This change is effective immediately.
As always, our protocols are subject to change based upon how the pandemic and the public health guidance continue to evolve on and off campus. Thank you for your continued observance of Oxy's guidelines and good work keeping our community healthy and safe. If you have questions about the campus isolation process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Operations Group (COG)