Below is a detailed list of the procedures and student responsibilities for the use of test-taking accommodations. Please initial each point and sign and date the bottom of the form.
1. You must follow the Disability Services registration process and renew your accommodations each academic year.
2. You will be sent a letter via email that lists your accommodations. You must forward this email to your professors at the beginning of each semester and discuss whether they will provide testing accommodations, or if they would prefer that Disability Services (DS) provide the exam proctoring accommodations.
3. If the professor decides that exams should be taken with Disability Services, you must use the online appointment site, located at www.oxy.edu/disability-
4. Prior to the exam, you should ask your professor whether you need to come to the classroom to pick up the exam or whether the exam will be waiting for you at Disability Services. If you don't learn this information in advance, you could arrive at DS at the test time, only to learn you first need to go to the classroom.
5. If you are late notifying Disability Services of an exam date due to the professor's late notice to you, you remain eligible for your exam accommodations. You must have your professor contact Disability Services to verify this situation. In all other circumstances, less than 7 calendar days notice to DS of your intention to take an exam with additional time will likely result in the requirement that you take the exam under the same conditions as others taking the course.
6. Please notify Disability Services in a timely manner if you need to change or cancel an appointment. Rescheduling an exam still needs to fall within one week’s notice.
7. You must come to the testing appointment prepared with the necessary supplies such as a scantron, bluebook, pen, pencil, scratch paper, etc. You must arrive on time for DS-proctored exams. If you are late, you will not be given extra time at the end of the exam to make up these lost minutes.
8. You must arrive for your testing appointment at the time you have scheduled online. Especially during finals week, rooms will not be held for longer than 1 hour if you have not yet arrived.
9. You understand that all computers being used in Disability Services during testing are being monitored. Internet usage is strictly prohibited while taking exams with DS. This includes deletion of internet browser history. Any violations of this policy will be reported to your professor and consequences may include a failing grade on the exam and possible disciplinary action.
10. You must follow Occidental’s Code of Student Conduct and the College policy on academic integrity at all times. Disability Services staff will report any and all incidents in which academic integrity may have been compromised to the instructor and/or Judicial Examiner for resolution.
11. You are encouraged to meet with a Disability Services staff member to discuss any concerns you may have regarding test-taking accommodations at any time during the semester
Last updated July 2016