Food events held on the campus must fall into one of the following categories:
1. SELF-CATERED: Food and non-alcoholic beverage served at a self-catered event consists of either “pot- luck" items contributed by a number of individuals, or is prepared by a member or members of the Occidental community. Food Safety requirements must be followed. Profits, if any, are to benefit the campus or its sponsored causes. Self-catered events are not permitted at events at which members of the external community (excluding family members of students) are in attendance. Some Campus spaces have food restrictions.
2. OFF-CAMPUS CATERED: Members of the internal campus community may purchase food and non-alcoholic beverages off campus & bring them into select campus facilities. Profits, if any, are to benefit the campus or its sponsored causes. Off-campus catered events are not permitted at events at which members of the external community (excluding family members of students) are in attendance. Some Campus spaces have food restrictions.
3. CATERED BY CAMPUS DINING: Campus Dining (operated by and for Occidental College) has primary catering rights on Campus. Campus Dining will provide catering to campus departments & outside groups granted the use of campus facilities, providing proper notification & communication has been established. View Oxy's catering menu. If Campus Dining caters an event, self-catered or off-campus catered food may not also be served at the event.
4. CONFERENCES, EXTERNAL RENTALS, PRIVATE CELEBRATIONS: All conferences, external space rentals, weddings & private social events hosted by members of the campus community or outside clients must be catered by Campus Dining.
5. EXTERNAL CATERERS: Under certain guidelines, departments may be permitted to contract the services of an outside caterer or food truck for food and non-alcoholic beverages. The office of Risk Management maintains a list of previously approved vendors. Applications for the use of an outside caterer not currently approved by Risk Management must be submitted to the Campus Events Advisory Committee (CEAC) at least 6 weeks in advance of the scheduled event.
All alcohol service is managed by Campus Dining: ALCOHOL SERVICE AND PRICING
Off-campus groups (including those sponsored by on-campus entities) who use campus facilities must use the services, food & beverages of Occidental College Campus Dining. Groups with contracts for external filming on campus may be exempted from this provision.