October is Food Justice Month!
This semester, we are observing Food Justice Month—a collaboration between campus departments and student clubs highlighting the plight and rights of workers throughout the Food Chain. This month long celebration of, and effort towards, Food Justice will feature food-related events and workshops, off-campus trips to forums, special sustainability theme meals in the Marketplace, and a Food Justice fair!
Check back soon for updates on events, and make sure to mark your calendars, so you can come join us for all of them! The calendar will be updated as more information/events become available.
- FEAST Tea Workshop
- Food Justice House Garden Clean-up
- Food Chain Workers Alliance Speaker
- Highland Park Farmer's Market Trip
- Cookin' it Up! Cooking Class
- Lorretto Elementary Garden Work Day
- South Pasadena Farmers Market Trip
- Foraging Workshop
- Atwater Village Farmers Market Trip
- Food Justice Month Quad Fair
- South Central Farm Field Trip
- Annual Food Justice Themed Meal in the Marketplace
- Echo Park Farmers Market Trip
- FEAST Feast
For more information on Food Justice in Los Angeles, please visit the websites of the following organizations, who regularly host events, discussions, working groups, and workshops.