Covid-19 response: Language Advising sessions will be offered online. Drop-in hours will be offered during exam week for some languages. Find the schedule and links to join drop-in hours below.
Language Advisers (LAs) is a group of Occidental College undergraduate students and Visiting Language Assistants who work closely with Oxy students pursuing the study of language.
LAs can help you:
- Practice verbal language skills;
- Practice pronunciation;
- Discuss readings for better comprehension;
- Discuss cultural, social or political issues relevant to the language of study;
- Find and view current language materials in social media and other sources;
- Work on particular weaknesses by reviewing quizzes and exams;
- Prepare for cultural events, karaoke performances, and open mics.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are located outside the Pacific timezone and need help outside of these hours.
Tuesday, May 5th, 4-6pm
Tuesday, May 5. 8-9pm PDT.
Wednesday, May 6. 8-9pm PDT.
Thursday, May 7 . 8-9pm PDT.
Friday, May 1st. 10:30-12:30pm
Monday, May 4th. 10:30-11:30am
Noah Yee Yick
Tuesday, May 5th. 10-11am
Wednesday, May 6th. 12-1pm
Thursday, May 7th. 10-11am
Monday, May 4th. 10-11am.
Tuesday, May 5th. 12-1pm.
Wednesday, May 6th. 10-11am.
Questions about the program? Email Yovanna Cifuentes-Goodbody at email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook at Oxy Languages.
*This page was last updated on March 24, 2020.