Drupal is the content management system (CMS) we use to manage Oxy.edu.
Drupal is a web-based CMS. You can edit your website from any computer with a modern web browser and an internet connection. You do not need special software installed on your computer to edit your website.
Department/Office/Club Website Governance
Each department/office/club maintains their own web content. Every website has a web content manager and a web editor. The web content manager and web editor can be the same person, and there can be more than one web editor.
Web Editor Training
All web editors, including student workers, must attend an introductory training before session receiving a new web editor account. Training lasts approximately one hour.
Web Editing Basics
Read below for basics on accessing your account and updating content. You can also read more detailed tutorials, and visit our troubleshooting page for answers to the most commonly asked questions about web editing.
To log in to edit your department, office, or club website:
- On your computer, open Firefox, Chrome or Safari. (Internet Explorer is not recommended.)
- Go to www.oxy.edu/user and enter your Oxy username and chosen password.
If this is your first time logging in to Drupal you will need to create your password before can log in. Follow the “change your password" instructions to set up your password.
To create or change your web editor password:
- Go to www.oxy.edu/user/password and enter your Oxy username. Click on “email new password".
- Go to your Oxy email account and open the password reset email. Note that it might take up to an hour for the email to send; please also check your spam folder if you don't see it in your inbox within an hour.
- Follow the link in the email and enter your chosen password twice.
- Go to www.oxy.edu/user to log in.
Creating New Content
Web editors only have permission to create certain content types, including events and blog posts. To request a new landing page, inside page, photo gallery or other content, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the page title, content type, and menu placement.
Publishing & Unpublishing Content
Published pages are visible to everyone.
Only a single designated author can view and edit an unpublished page. Web editors can not publish or unpublish pages. Contact email@example.com to have a page published or unpublished.
Deleting, Moving, and Re-Naming Content
Web editors do not have permission to delete, move or rename pages. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have a page deleted, moved or renamed.