Person (staff) profile pages are simple, individual pages for staff to include contact information and an optional bio and/or headshot.
All information on a person page is optional aside from name. The most common use-case for creating a person profile is so that a staff member can be included on a "Meet Our Team" page within a department. Each person can include as much information as they are comfortable sharing publicly on the website, although we recommend including at least one form of contact information and, particularly for staff members who interface with students or other members of the community, a professional headshot.
If you would like to add one or more person profiles to an existing Meet Our Team or Meet Our Faculty page, view our tutorial on the selected people paragraph type.
Anatomy of a Person Profile Page
Person/Staff profile pages have 5 parts:
A photo space for one high quality headshot (optional)
Job title (optional)
Contact information, including email, phone number, and office location (all optional)
- The body copy area for the majority of the page content (optional)
Examples of person profile pages:
To add a new person profile page
- Log in to the website at oxy.edu/user. In the Drupal tool bar menu in the upper left, select Manage > Content > Add Content > Person.
- Enter the name of the person in the Name field. You may include additional information such as class year for Oxy alumni, degrees, or honorifics.
- If you would like to add a professional headshot, first prepare your image for the web.
- Crop and resize your photo to 400x400 pixels.
- If your image editor has an save for web option, use that to export your image file. Regardless of your image editor you should save the photo as a jpg.
- Give your image a descriptive file name that includes the person's name, department, and image dimensions, e.g. Bronwyn-Beck_ITS_400x400.jpg.
- One your photo has been prepped for web upload, click on the Browse button beneath "Profile Image." For additional instructions please view our tutorial on uploading images.
- Fill out the optional fields for Job Title, Email, Phone Number, and Office Number (location) as desired depending on how much information you want to have publicly displayed on the profile.
- If you would like to include a bio this content can be added in the Body field. The bio can be as brief as a single sentence or include longer, more detailed information.
- Once you have finished adding your content click Save at the bottom of the page.
- When logged in to the CMS, navigate to the individual person profile page you want to edit. If you don't know the page URL, or if you are unsure if a profile page already exists for a staff or faculty member, follow the following steps.
- In the Drupal tool bar menu in the upper left, select Manage > Content
- Type the name of the person in the Title field, select "Person" from the Type drop-down, and click Apply.
- The content listing will update with all results that match the title you entered. If a profile already exists for someone you will see their page in the search results, and you can click their name to view the person profile page. If there are no results for the title you entered follow the steps above to create a new person profile.
- Click the "Edit" link. If you do not see the option to edit please email the webteam to request an update to your permissions.
- Follow the same instructions as above to edit any of the fields on the person profile page.
- Once you have finished making your updates click the "save" button to publish your changes.