A blogs is a page of blog posts written in an informal or conversational style.
Anatomy of a blog
Blogs have two parts
- Blog Front Page (blog) - Summaries of blog posts appear here.
- Blog Post - A blog post is an individual article, story, or news piece on a blog.
Blog Front Page
Add a blog to your website
- Submit a new page request form.
- Include the following information in your request: page name, page type, location.
Please note: the process for adding a post to your blog has changed as of Fall 2017.
- Navigate to the blog you want to edit, e.g. oxy.edu/my-department/blog.
- Click the edit button drop-down, then select "new blog post".
- The "linked to blog page" field will be pre-populated with the name of the parent blog for your post.
- Title - enter your blog post title in the title field.
- Publishing date - today's date is the default publish date. To backdate a post, select a date in the past.
- Main image - upload a cropped image. See cropping an image.
- Intro - Enter a one sentence headline for your post. In the above example, the intro copy field displays the post author's name.
- Body - Type or paste your story, article or news piece in the body field. This field can contain text, tables, links, images and video.
- Groups Audience - Before saving, select the parent DEPARTMENT for your blog (in this example, Campus Conversation) from the field titled "Groups Audience". You will only see a list of departments you have access to edit here. If you do not see the department that your blog belongs to in this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an update to your permissions.
- Click "Save" to publish your blog post.