I. Call to order
Ruth Jones called to order the meeting of the Campus Committee on Sexual Responsibility & Misconduct (CCSRM) at 1:00PM on October 17, 2016 in Berkus 243B.
II. Members Attending
The following individuals were present:
Elizabeth Wu, Lani Cupo, Tony Romero, Katelyn Fink, Anne Schell, Heather Lukes, Marianne Frapwell, Ruth Jones, Jordan Brown, Sara Semal, Jacob Alden Sargent
III. Administrative Matters
A. Dates/topics of remaining Fall ’16 committee meetings
· November 14 – Gender Inclusion Initiatives
· November 21 – Gender Inclusion Initiatives
· Nov 28 – Prevention Education
· Dec 5 – Prevention Education
IV. Continued discussion of staff/faculty campus climate survey
A Protecting Anonymous Data
A local College has agreed to review Oxy’s staff/faculty survey results to remove any potential identifying information. This will help to ensure survey respondent’s anonymity.
B. Results of survey
This College will share with us the survey results by March 1, 2017. The Title IX Office and Institutional Research will then review and analyze the results before sharing them with the CCSRM Committee and Occidental community. The CCSRM Committee will then discuss how we can make improvements to the 2017 survey, including reviewing other institution’s campus climate surveys. We will review the results of this first-time survey to think through how we can make improvements to our internal processes.
C. Survey Distribution
Both the student/staff surveys will be administered from November 5 – November 25, 2016. Computers will be set up on campus for the Oxy community members who do not access computers in their daily work. The staff survey will also be translated into Spanish.
D. Publicizing the survey
The survey will be publicized in the following ways:
· Flyer Creation (post around campus, share in each Res Hall, Green Bean electronic flyer)
· Sharing flyer on social media (Project SAFE can share on their Facebook page)
· Email invitations to all staff/students w/ reminders
· Send information to Root/Student Digest
· Tabling during survey administration (schedule will be emailed to committee members soon, requesting their participation)
· Announcements at All Staff meetings, faculty gatherings, and all Anti-Retaliation training workshops
· Emails to all Department Chairs and Department Heads to encourage their staff members to take the survey
· Emails to Coaches in the Athletic Department to encourage their team members to take the survey
· Small handout cards created with easy survey access instructions
· An additional idea to publicize is market on the napkin holders, which will be further looked into.