A campus-wide committee appointed by President Harry Elam, the Campus Committee on Sexual Responsibility & Misconduct (CCSRM) works closely with the Title IX Coordinator.
The Committee's responsibilities are laid out in its formal charge:
As a residential liberal arts college, we live, work, and socialize in community. As such, we want to be ever mindful of our rights and responsibilities, especially with respect to our most intimate personal interactions.
The Campus Committee on Sexual Responsibility & Misconduct will:
- review practices, procedures, and programming relevant to sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and Title IX issues;
- provide feedback to the Title IX Coordinator on educational programs/initiatives and other sex discrimination policy initiatives; and
- guided by the Title IX Coordinator, review the Occidental College Sexual Misconduct Policy, within the framework of federal law and guidelines, and offer suggestions for update or revision.
The 2022-23 members are:
- Project SAFE - Lizzy Denny, Director and Survivor Advocate
- Project SAFE - Joaquin Caro, Prevention Education Coordinator
- Student Appointment 1 - Pooja Bansiya
- Student Appointment 2 - G Northway
- Faculty Council Appointment - Richard Mora, Associate Professor of Sociology
- Human Resources - Jacie Feigelman, Associate Director of Employee Relations and Training
- Emmons Wellness Center - Devon Sakamoto, Assistant Dean of Students for Emmons Wellness
- Dean of Students Office - Vivian Santiago, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Associate Dean of Students
- Dean of Students Office - Tahn Park, Assistant Dean for Student Support and Director of Restorative Practices
- Residential Education and Housing Services - Isaiah Thomas, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Residential Education, Housing Services and Student Conduct
- Office of Student Conduct - Martha Matlock, Assistant Director
- Athletics - Rob Bartlett, Cross Country and Track Head Coach
- Campus Safety - Rick Tanksley, Director of Campus Safety
- Office of Marketing & Communication - Jim Tranquada, Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Civil Rights & Title IX Office - Andrea Boyle, Case & Support Manager
- Civil Rights & Title IX Office - Alexandra Fulcher, Civil Rights & Title IX Coordinator
The CCSRM will present an annual report to President Elam and the campus community by May 1, 2023. The report will include a summary of the year's work, as well as any recommendations made by the committee with respect to existing policies, procedures and practices. You can contact the Committee at email@example.com.