After reading about what we offer and what to bring, check out our different housing communities in the links to the right.
Each room in Oxy's residence halls are equipped with the following:
- bed frame/mattress (twin extra-long)
- desk chair
- micro fridge and microwave
Please note that all furniture provided must remain in the student's room. Storage is not available for any of the items listed above.
- Personal Identification (state ID and/or passport – these will be important if you plan to work on campus)
- Linens, pillows and mattress cover (all beds are twin extra long, 38 x 80 inches)
- Toiletries and towels (you may wish to bring a container/"caddy" to transport your toiletries to and from the bathroom)
- Shower shoes/flip-flops
- Computer (you might want to purchase a laptop anti-theft device or lock)
- Alarm clock
- Clothes hangers
- Laundry bag/basket and detergent
- Health insurance card
- Insurance protection for your property
- Personal emergency preparedness kit (flashlight, water, first-aid materials, batteries, etc.)
- Multi-sized bandages (Band-Aids)
- Antibiotic ointment
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Tylenol or Advil
What could I bring?
- Additional reading/desk lamp (halogen lamps are not permitted)
- Throw rug(s)
- Decorations to help make your room your home
- Hair dryer/straightener/curling iron (must have an auto shutoff function)
- Small clothes iron
- Mattress pad
- Bicycle and high-quality U-lock, as bicycles sometimes get stolen (bike racks are located outside of the residence halls)
- Recreation equipment (please note storage is VERY limited)
- Personal safe or lockbox
Do not bring any of the following items into the residence halls. Keeping these items out of the residence halls enhances the safety, comfort, and convenience of both yourself and other residents.
- Any electrical appliance that has a heating element, a high-energy consumption (uses over 800 watts), or does not meet current UL standards. This includes, but is not limited to, hot plates, electric coffee pots, immersion heaters, popcorn poppers, crock-pots, heaters, electric pans/grills/stoves, toaster ovens, air conditioners, torchiere-style halogen lamps, ultra-violet sun lamps.
- Candles, incense, and/or oil burners
- Extension cords longer than 10 feet
- Pets - other than fish in 5 gallons or smaller tanks
- Furniture of any kind, including but not limited to, desks, chairs, mattresses, beds, waterbeds, tables, and office chairs)
- Drum sets or large musical equipment
- Speaker systems
- Personal wireless router, as it will interfere with the wireless internet provided to your fellow residents
- Gas-powered equipment
- Weapons and simulated weapons (for example, firearms, knives, Swiss Army knives, pellet guns, paintball guns, machete, firecrackers, and capguns)
For a complete list of prohibited items, please visit the student handbook.
Students who wish to ship belongings in trunks, suitcases or boxes to the College before they arrive for the fall semester should address them in care of themselves to:
Student Name, Class of 20__
1600 Campus Rd
Your box number (or put unit number if sending via private carrier) - Contact postal services if you do not know your box number
Los Angeles, CA 90041
Students may pick up these packages after they have checked into their residence hall.
The College assumes no responsibility for loss of or damage to personal property for any reason and has no insurance coverage protecting students’ property. Students are encouraged to check coverage under their family’s homeowner insurance policy or purchase renter's insurance while in student housing.