Interviews aren't required, but they'll definitely help us get to know you.
We offer them for high school seniors and transfer students, but the dates and options vary. Only interviews for transfer students are available at this time.
For those of you farther away, each year we offer interviews with Oxy representatives in your area.
Please note that all interviews are weighed equally in the admission process (whether on campus or off campus, and whether they are conducted by an admission officer, senior fellow or alumni representative). Thank you for not scheduling more than one.
Helpful Interview Tips:
- If interviewing at Oxy, allow ample time to reach campus. (L.A. traffic can be heavy at times.) If interviewing off campus with an alumni representative or admission officer, budget plenty of time to get to your destination. You can always relax and collect your thoughts if you arrive early.
- Dress comfortably but appropriately.
- Come prepared to discuss your talents, interests and goals. It's your chance to show us the real person behind your application credentials.
- Familiarize yourself with Oxy. We'll want to hear what sparked your interest in the College and how you see yourself thriving in our community.
- We don't expect you to have all the answers, so be open with your thoughts and ask lots of questions.
- Most importantly, just be yourself.