Everything you need—all in one place—to support the Oxy hopefuls in your orbit.
What’s New at Oxy
Admission and Financial Aid
- We're staying test optional indefinitely.
- California residents who qualify for the Cal Grant will now have 100% of their tuition covered by Occidental with Occidental's Cal Grant Promise.
- New Early Decision II deadline: January 10
- The Computing IRL immersive program consists of a connected set of courses in which students will see how computing techniques and ideas are informed by their interaction with the real world.
- We're investing not only in the diversity of our student body, but in our faculty with the help of a five-year, $950,000 grant from the Mellon Foundation.
- A three-year, $247,500 grant from the Sherman Fairchild Foundation will fund our latest effort to increase the number of underrepresented and first-generation students pursuing STEM degrees.
- Oxy Arts, the community-based arts hub of Occidental College, "explores how to expand the idea of a 'teaching museum' to provide access to pedagogical resources outside the walls of an individual institution and the academy as a whole" with the latest exhibition Encoding Futures.
- The Obama Scholars Program joins Campaign Semester and the U.N. Program as one of the Oxy-specific programs available to promising students, propelling them toward leadership and impact for the public good after life at Oxy.
- Our newly constructed De Mandel Aquatics Center opens to athletes.
- The sweeping renovations at the McKinnon Family Tennis Center make it possible for Oxy’s tennis teams to train and compete in facilities that meet NCAA and conference standards.
- The features of the newly constructed Choi Family Music Production Center include a recording studio, a control room and a 16-student music computer lab, making it the new venue for our music production, film scoring, audio engineering and songwriting courses.
- Newly remodeled spaces that are part of the Anderson Center for Environmental Sciences feature state-of-the-art instructional and laboratory facilities that allow Occidental scholars to gain hands-on experience, technological literacy and competencies with modern equipment.
Financial Aid Highlights
- 77% of the Class of 2025 received institutional grants or scholarships
- 100% of demonstrated need is met
- $80,668 is the annual cost of attendance
- $35,961 is the median scholarship/grant package