Interviews aren’t required, but are strongly encouraged as they help us get to know you.
Fall 2022 Transfer Applicants
Interviews are now available to transfer applicants planning to apply for Fall 2022 admission. Click on the link below to submit your request for an Occidental interview, from there you will be connected with either a Senior Fellow or an alumni interviewer. The interview request form will close in March so please request an interview as soon as possible in order to guarantee your access to this program. We look forward to learning more about you!
Fall 2022 First-Year & Spring 2022 Transfer Applicants
We are at capacity and will not be offering any more first-year interviews for this application season. Please note that applicants will not be penalized in the admission process if they did not have the opportunity to interview.
Helpful Interview Tips:
- Dress comfortably but appropriately.
- Come prepared to discuss your talents, interests and goals. It’s your chance to show us the real person behind your application credentials.
- Familiarize yourself with Oxy. We’ll want to hear what sparked your interest in the College and how you see yourself thriving in our community.
- We don't expect you to have all the answers, so be open with your thoughts and ask lots of questions.
- Most importantly, just be yourself.
Additional Tips for Virtual Interviews:
- Find a quiet area where you will not be interrupted or have background noise.
- Please reach out to us in advance of your interview if you expect any difficulty accessing a quiet space, internet, or technology. We are happy to brainstorm and accommodate individual solutions, depending on your needs.
- Check your surroundings before you begin video chatting to ensure there is nothing on the walls or shown in the video frame that is inappropriate. A well-lit area is recommended.
- Please wear appropriate attire, just as you would for an in-person interview.