Interviews aren't required, but they'll definitely help us get to know you.
Interviews for high school seniors (Fall 2021 applicants) will begin in a virtual format starting August 2020. Signups for interviews will be available, on this website, in late July for both first year and transfer applicants.
Helpful Interview Tips:
- Dress comfortably but appropriately.
- Come prepared to discuss your talents, interests and goals. It's your chance to show us the real person behind your application credentials.
- Familiarize yourself with Oxy. We'll want to hear what sparked your interest in the College and how you see yourself thriving in our community.
- We don't expect you to have all the answers, so be open with your thoughts and ask lots of questions.
- Most importantly, just be yourself.
Additional Tips for Virtual Interviews:
- Find a quiet area where you will not be interrupted or have background noise.
- Please reach out to us in advance of your interview if you expect any difficulty accessing a quiet space, internet, or technology. We are happy to brainstorm and accommodate individual solutions, depending on your needs.
- Check your surroundings before you begin video chatting to ensure there is nothing on the walls or shown in the video frame that is inappropriate. A well-lit area is recommended.
- Please wear appropriate attire, just as you would for an in-person interview.