All persons operating a vehicle on the campus are required to comply with the Occidental College parking and traffic regulations and the California Vehicle Code. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in fines and citations.
Welcome! We are excited to offer the convenience of online permit parking and citation management.
Please be prepared to provide the following information to obtain your free parking permit:
- Oxy ID number (9-digit number)
- Vehicle information (make, model, year, VIN, color, license plate number & state)
- Registered owner information (name, phone number, address & relationship)
- VEHICLE INSURANCE INFORMATION IS NOT REQUIRED, PLEASE SKIP THIS STEP.
- You will be prompted to create an account. After doing so, you will receive an email to verify your email address. You must verify before continuing the registration process.
- You can add your vehicle by clicking the plus sign in the upper right corner of the "Add Vehicle" tile. Do the same for the Address and Phone Number tiles.
- Click Buy Permit (it will be free) and continue with the transaction.
After completing the registration and permit "purchasing" process, you will receive a temporary permit via email. Print your temporary permit and place it on the dashboard of your vehicle. Your official permit will be mailed to you 24-48 hours after registration.
For additional parking information, please refer to Designated Parking Areas.
Driving on Campus
The speed limit on campus is 15mph. Vehicles may only be driven on approved streets and roads.
All persons are required to observe all traffic signs, regulatory signs, postings, and the instructions of Campus Safety officers, local law enforcement officers and other traffic control persons when present.