The cooperation, involvement and personal support of students, faculty, and staff in any campus safety program are crucial to its success.
Everyone must assume responsibility for their own personal safety and the security of their personal belongings by taking simple, common-sense precautions. Awareness of your environment and your surroundings is a good place to start.
Please observe the following precautions on campus:
- Never prop open exterior doors to residence halls.
- Residents should always escort all guests in residence halls.
- Report strangers in your hall to Campus Safety.
- Report any harassing or obscene phone calls to Campus Safety at once.
- Keep residence hall room doors locked, even if you leave for only a short time.
- Carry your ID and keys at all times.
- Walk in groups or use the Safety Escort Program after dark.
- Lock your car at all times; store valuables out of sight.
- Do not leave valuables such as backpacks, purses, or laptop computers unattended in public areas.
- Do not loan your room key to anyone, even friends.