An update on financial support for students and families and to let you know credits will post by the end of day on Monday, April 6.
As you know, the College communicated that we would provide financial support for students and families as a result of the shift to remote learning, including room and board credits for students who have moved out of on-campus housing. We understand the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and appreciate everyone’s patience as staff in multiple departments worked through the process of finalizing the credits. We write today with an update and to let you know credits will post by the end of day on Monday, April 6. Parents will be notified in a separate email from the College.
Any student who lived in College housing (residence halls, theme houses and SAE) and was required to leave by March 20 will receive a credit to their student account. All calculations are based on a March 20 move-out date, with seven of the semester’s 16 weeks (44%) remaining. Students who moved out of College housing after March 20 will receive a credit based on the date they moved out; information on that credit will be available later this semester. This policy does not cover students who currently remain on campus.
Room & Board credit policy:
- Students will receive a credit for 44% of their room charge for this semester plus their remaining meal plan balance.
- For students on financial aid, a cost of attendance adjustment for this semester has been made, resulting in a final credit amount for room and board that will depend on their individual room type and meal plan balance.
- The minimum net credit will be $750.
- If you have an outstanding balance on your account, please be aware that the credit will first be applied to that balance.
Once the credits have been posted and if you have a credit balance, you have the following options:
- Leave the credit balance on your account and apply it toward future charges for the fall 2020 semester.
- Request a refund in the myOxy portal under the “Student Services” tab. Go to “my eBill” and click on “Refunds” on the top menu bar. You will need your bank account number and bank routing number if you are entering this information for the first time.
If you have any questions, please contact Yady Barajas ’97 P’21 in Student Accounts at 323-259-2610 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice President and Chief Operating Officer