How do I secure a spot in housing?
First, complete the application. Applications are typically approved within 14 days. If approved, you will receive a Housing Agreement via email. To guarantee your space, you must sign and return the Housing Agreement with a $500 deposit within 2 weeks of the issue date.
When do I need to apply?
Applications close April 2022 or when housing is filled.
What is the payment schedule?
- $500 Reservation Deposit is due with your signed Housing Agreement. This non-refundable deposit is applied toward the balance of your total summer payment.
- Payment of full balance is due 10 calendar days before your arrival date.
Do you offer payment plans?
Payment plans are not available.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
- You may terminate your Housing Agreement at any time with 10 days written notice.
- If you terminate more than 10 days before your arrival date, you forfeit the $500 Reservation Deposit.
- If you terminate at any other time, you forfeit the full balance of your total summer payment.
- Once your occupancy terms are contractualized on your Housing Agreement, there are no refunds for late arrivals or early departures.
Can I request a specific person for a roommate?
- Yes. Roommates must have compatible arrival and departure dates, the same housing selection, and the same roommate preference.
- You may request roommate(s) by name on your application, or submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org up to 14 days before your arrival date.
- We make every effort to accommodate roommate requests but cannot guarantee assignments. Roommates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible and at the same time.
If I don’t have a roommate, do you choose for me? How is my roommate assigned?
You will specify a roommate preference on the your application; we’ll use your info to identify a person(s) with compatible preferences and stay dates. Please note that we do not communicate roommate information to residents at any time.
Can I switch my room or roommate later?
Housing changes are subject to current availability. If the change is approved, you will incur a $50 change fee.
When can I check in? When is checkout?
Check-ins take place on Sundays between 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Checkouts take place on Saturdays between 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM. You will receive an email with check-in instructions approximately 14 days before your arrival date.
How do I get a parking permit?
You may request a parking permit on your application. Permits are issued at check-in. You do not need to provide details in advance.
How does my Meal Plan work?
Summer meal service takes place in the Marketplace (open daily). All intern housing packages includes a Meal Plan with 8 meals per week. These can be used for any meal during Marketplace hours. Your keycard will be programmed with your Meal Plan info; you must bring your keycard to the Marketplace and swipe it for entry.
What is your guest policy?
You may host 1 overnight guest at a time, for a maximum of 7 nights for the duration of your residency. This may be 1 visit of 7 nights, or multiple shorter visits adding up to 7 nights. Guests may not move from one room to another to extend their stay. All guests must be registered with the Oxy Conference Services office.
Are housekeeping services provided?
Housekeeping service is not provided to resident rooms, or bathrooms located within your room or suite. Residents are responsible for cleaning their own rooms throughout their stay. Housekeeping service is provided to communal areas: Lounges, hallways, and communal restrooms.
Is linen provided?
Linen is not provided. Please bring your own pillow, bedding, and towels. Beds are size twin X-Long.
Will I have access to a kitchen?
No. But each room/suite has a microwave and mini-fridge.
Can I stay in my housing after my contract ends? I am willing to pay extra.
Extended stays are not available. Please have a backup housing plan if you think your stay may extend beyond your departure date.