The Involvement Fair is a long-standing tradition at Oxy. This spring, we're going virtual on Thursday, February 4 from 11 am to 2 pm PST.
This event is an opportunity for clubs and departments to share information and engage with students who are interested in getting involved. Visit the different orgs, meet new people, or reconnect with folx you haven't seen since last semester. Also, if you're interested in starting your own club or org, click here.
Just click on any of the iFair Club Tabs for a direct link to their Zoom room. Jump in and out, visiting as many rooms as you want from 11 am to 2 pm PST.
The Involvement Fair can give you a sense of who does what on campus and what the coming semester has to offer. It's the best place for you to comprehensively explore different options for getting involved on campus.
Here at Oxy, our club hosts meetings that focus on a variety of mental-health related issues, ranging from eating disorders to self-care workshops to gender and mental health. We also collaborate with other student organizations and administrative offices to host larger events, such as professionally-led workshops and lectures, story-sharing events, and even open mic performances. We also work with the Oxy administration to improve mental health services offered on campus. Our club's mission is to:
- Increase awareness about issues surrounding mental health, symptoms related to mental health disorders and mental health resources available both on campus and in the surrounding community
- Remove stigma surrounding mental health disorders so that students will feel more comfortable openly discussing mental-health related issues and seeking help when it is needed
- Promote a general awareness of holistic health by emphasizing care of both body and mind
- Provide students with easy access to information about mental health disorders
- Serve as a liaison between the student body and the mental health community by holding campus-wide activities such as hosting guest speakers, providing informational fact sheets, organizing fundraisers and running national Active Minds programs designed to reduce stigma and raise mental health awareness
- Provide a forum for building an open environment for all students to speak up about mental health
- Work toward the recognition and elimination of prejudice and discrimination, especially those that have traditionally impinged upon culturally competent mental health services
- Offer each and every student support in managing their own mental well-being
We invite any interested student, faculty or staff member to reach out to us to learn more, get involved, or offer suggestions/support. CLICK HERE for more information.
Alpha Chi Sigma Beta Mu Chapter
Alpha Chi Sigma is a professional co-ed fraternity that specializes within the chemistry field. Since the establishment of the Beta Mu Chapter at Occidental, we have been deeply committed to the surrounding community by hosting elementary school science fairs and assisting the local boy scout troop in attaining their chemistry badge. Aside from our community outreach, we aim to provide a strong sense of brotherhood with those within the STEM field. For more information about our organization, please visit the website alphachisigma.org.
Alpha Lambda Phi Alpha
Alpha Lambda Phi Alpha is a wonderful organization that fosters a supportive and loving environment for its members. We are an incredibly passionate group of individuals involved in clubs and programs across campus. We've had members do the UN program, Campaign Semesters, and so much more. Something really cool about Alpha is that we are a local sorority, so we have complete control over our bylaws. This past year, we completely rewrote the bylaws and created new officer positions in order to create a more inclusive organization. Our primary philanthropy is Planned Parenthood, and we are passionate about reproductive rights and wellness. We also do work in the surrounding area, including gardening and other local projects. At its core, Alpha is an organization dedicated to supporting one another and our community.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/81978384504 | Passcode: alpha
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/alpha-lambda-phi-alpha
- Contact: Mia McFarland at email@example.com
American Studies Program
American Studies is the interdisciplinary exploration of American culture. Situated at the intersection of historical and cultural analyses, students in American Studies interrogate the multiple voices and visions that have shaped American culture both past and present, and analyze debates over the meaning of American identity and culture in the United States and in transnational contexts.
The courses in Oxy’s American studies major offer multiple perspectives on American culture, history, literature, arts, and American domestic and international politics. The curriculum draws upon courses in these subjects plus media arts and culture, psychology, religion, and more. Several American Studies courses are cross-listed with courses in Black Studies, East Asian Studies, Diplomacy & World Affairs, and Latino/a & Latin American Studies. We highly encourage our majors to apply for international and domestic off-campus study, and Oxy’s Los Angeles location offers myriad opportunities for community-based learning and community engagement.
The knowledge you will develop as an American studies major is not only an integral part of the education promised by the College's mission statement, but also prepares students for citizenship in American society and an increasingly globalized world. The major prepares you for a wide range of careers in business, education, law, media, entertainment, public affairs, and non-governmental organizations.
Armenian Students Association (ASA)
Armenian Students Association is a cultural and national organization that strives to promote cultural diversity at Oxy through teaching others about the culture of the Armenian minority and by having a space for those who identify as Armenian to come together. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/81157048133 | Meeting ID: 811 5704 8133 | Passcode: ASA
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/armenian-students-association-2
- Contact: Serena Pelenghian at firstname.lastname@example.org
Asian American Tutorial Project (AATP)
Since 1969, the Asian American Tutorial Project (AATP), has gone to Castelar Elementary School in Los Angeles Chinatown to tutor immigrant children in the hopes of providing them with the skills and guidance necessary to gain access to a higher education. We help first through sixth graders with worksheets for the first hour of site, and then its RECESS! We work alongside tutors from USC and UCLA, and explore LA's Chinatown!!! We encourage tutors of all backgrounds to join us! Its a great way to get involved in the local community, explore LA and meet other students across all three schools! Fun Fact: There is a mural of an AATP Tutor in Chinatown!
ASOC Diversity and Equity Board (DEB)
We are Diversity and Equity Board (DEB), a branch of ASOC dedicated to the empowerment and improved conditions of structurally marginalized students on & off campus.
ASOC Honor Board
ASOC Honor Board is the branch of Oxy's student government devoted to hearing out student perspectives on alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct, Academic Misconduct Policy, and our very own Honor Principle, which states: "No student shall take unfair advantage of another student or member of the Occidental Community". We also provide student voices in periodically rewriting these policies, as well as other ASOC-wide responsibilities.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/88558278103 | Meeting ID: 885 5827 8103 | Passcode: honorboard
- Webpage: oxy.edu/student-life/clubs-organizations/asoc/honor-board
- Contact: Collin Nascimento at email@example.com
ASOC Renewable Energy and Sustainability Fund (RESF)
The ASOC Renewable Energy & Sustainability Fund (RESF) was established by students of Occidental College in 2007 to fund projects and lead initiatives that make Occidental a more sustainable and environmentally just community. We are one of the four branches of Occidental’s student government: the Associated Students of Occidental College (ASOC).
Our mission is to disburse student body fees with the goal of contributing to a more sustainable and environmentally just campus by means of promoting renewable energy, resource conservation, sustainable programming and workshops, food justice, environmental justice, the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, and by advocating for environmental sustainability, education, and awareness on campus.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/83956035695 | Meeting ID: 839 5603 5695 | Passcode: RESF
- Website: oxy.edu/student-life/clubs-organizations/asoc/sustainability-fund
- Contact: Kayla Heinze at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senate exists to empower student advocates for all members of the Oxy community - including the most marginalized. Senate supports students and their planned activities, allocates and administers funding from the student body fees, oversees Student Services, and serves as the legislative body of the ASOC. Weekly Meeting Times at 6-8 pm PDT on Zoom (beginning after fall elections). CLICK HERE for more information.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/84481806416?pwd=cGhGd1ZYR3NZV2RtaVJ6bEZoRXBWQT09 | Meeting ID: 844 8180 6416 | Passcode: senate
- Contact: Kitty Lu at email@example.com
Azúcar is Occidental's first and only Latin dance performance team. We are specialized in street style salsa, bachata, merengue, and reggaeton! CLICK HERE for more information.
Black Student Alliance
The mission of the Black Student Alliance (BSA) is to enrich the experience of Black students on Occidental's campus, especially given the institution's historical and current reality of being a Predominately White Institution (PWI). CLICK HERE for more information.
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/4572537018?pwd=NXdBSmRLZmhNMWR3WEZqN1RiZXpZZz09 | Meeting ID: 457 253 7018 | Passcode: bsa
- Website: https://sites.google.com/oxy.edu/bsa
- Contact: Esther Karpilow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Boundless Brilliance is a non-profit organization with a chapter at Occidental and we seek to close the gender gap in STEM by empowering young girls to pursue education and careers in STEM. We give virtual presentations to elementary school classrooms, host professional development events and other events to build up our community of women in STEM at Oxy! We have opportunities to volunteer with presenting, doing outreach to local schools, working on social media, planning events and much more!
Critical Theory & Social Justice
Since 2006, CTSJ students and faculty have engaged in rigorous interdisciplinary analysis of our complex era of globalization and social injustice. The curriculum guides you through a rich intellectual history of cultural theories, civil rights struggles, and liberation movements. At the heart of the program is an interrogation of inequality and systems of power. Our three pillars of inquiry are interdisciplinary thought, intersectional analysis of identity formation, and intervention in current critical discourse. As you advance through the major you will study in academic fields as diverse as psychology, education, anti-colonial theory, gender and sexuality studies, and critical legal theory.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/82505939154 | Meeting ID: 825 0593 9154 | Passcode: 950623
- Webpage: oxy.edu/academics/areas-study/critical-theory-social-justice
- Contact: Caroline Heldman at email@example.com
Diplomacy and World Affairs Majors Association
The DWA Majors Association (DWAMA) is the official club for DWA at Oxy. DWAMA hosts events meant to foster academic discussion and social interaction for students and faculty alike. We invite both current and prospective DWA students to join!
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/85464342035 | Meeting ID: 854 6434 2035 | Passcode: 411884
- Webpage: oxy.edu/academics/areas-study/diplomacy-world-affairs
- Contact: Aerex Narvasa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Economics Student Association
The Economics Student Association works to provide programming to connect students in Economics classes with faculty, alumni, and each other to foster a supportive community within the department.
Fantastiprov is Occidental College's one and only improv troupe. Performing their own special brand of comedy Fantastiprov will knock your socks off!
The Food, Energy, and Sustainability Team (FEAST) is Oxy’s student-run garden that welcomes and supports the Oxy and Northeast LA Community with sustainability-related events, programs, education, and resources. We value and work towards native biodiversity, organic gardening techniques including compost, and food justice.
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/92676206493?pwd=ZTRPa2ZNaGhHekNUZWVNdzBsVGR0QT09 | Password: feast
- Webpage: oxy.edu/academics/areas-study/urban-environmental-policy/our-projects/feast-organic-garden
- Contact: Sarah Yi at email@example.com
Feast Literary Magazine
Feast is Oxy's student run literary magazine, a space for fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry, and visual art.
First Generation Club
We are a group of first gen students who work alongside the first gen coalition to provide a separate space where first gen students can come for peer support and understanding all while making some new friends along the way.
Foodies of Oxy
We are a club which wants to appreciate diversity through food. We hope to create a safe space for everyone who joins :D
Gender, Women, & Sexuality Studies
The Gender, Women, & Sexuality Studies (GWSS) minor at Oxy is an interdisciplinary program that encourages students of all majors to study the construction of gender, the lives of women, and the range of sexualities, in local and global contexts.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/82505939154 | Meeting ID: 825 0593 9154 | Passcode: 950623
- Webpage: oxy.edu/academics/areas-study/gender-women-sexuality-studies
- Contact: Caroline Heldman at firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of Oxy Geology Club is to provide an outlet for students, faculty, and staff who are interested in the study of earth sciences. Geology Club provides support for the community about natural disasters, the earthâ€™s environment, and current geologic events and discoveries. This semester we will be focusing on providing new majors, students considering majoring or students simply interested in learning about the Earth a space to socialize and engage with Oxy's geological community.
Global Medical Mission Alliance
GMMA strives to mobilize and to serve the global community by empowering healthcare professionals and networking with other mission organizations to bring God’s healing to all nations.
Habitat for Humanity
The Occidental College Habitat for Humanity club focuses on:
- Educating club members, other students, and the local community on Habitat for Humanity’s work and mission
- Building and rehabilitating houses in partnership with Habitat for Humanity
- Raising funds for Habitat for Humanity
- Zoom link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/77332208960?pwd=S2lYWEtkTlU1MmlSL0JHODUrTTFHdz09 | Meeting ID: 773 3220 8960 | Passcode: welcome
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/habitat-for-humanity
- Contact: Emiliana Hyman at email@example.com
Hameetman Career Center
Whether you are seeking a summer internship, applying to a graduate school or interested in a research opportunity, we have the resources and professional staff to help. The Hameetman Career Center sponsors more than 200 events annually, including career education seminars, alumni speakers and on-campus recruiting. Online, the career development platform Handshake is your one-stop-shop for job and internship opportunities, employers and events.
Intercultural Community Center (ICC)
The ICC seeks to uplift and support the experiences of students who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, low-income or first-generation college students. The ICC also aims to reduce institutional barriers for minoritized groups through intersectional programming, identity-specific services and structural resources.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/83622591346 | Meeting ID: 836 2259 1346 | Passcode: 907668
- Webpage: oxy.edu/about-oxy/equity-inclusion/intercultural-community-center
- Contact: Micol Garinkol at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn about study and research abroad, and internships in DC and at the United Nations.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/8430902695 | Passcode: Global1887
- Webpage: oxy.edu/academics/global-engagement/international-programs
- Contact: Robin Craggs at email@example.com
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship is a community of students following Jesus and growing in love for God together. This semester we will continue to study the Bible, pray, worship and serve through virtual Small Group Bible Studies. Join us in our mission to love God, serve people, and lead all to Jesus, together!
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/86046953757 | Meeting ID: 860 4695 3757 | Passcode: 322410
- Webpage: oxy.edu/student-life/resources-support/orsl/religious-spiritual-groups-campus
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Japanese Popular Culture Research Society (JPCRS)
We are dedicated to expanding our understanding of Japanese popular culture, including but not limited to anime, manga, visual novels, Japanese games, and idols. We welcome anyone with an appreciation or interest in Japanese popular culture.
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/s/9814154025?pwd=WERxZjIyZUwvbEdFTElVMm91RHQwQT09#success | Passcode: ddx2p1
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/japanese-popular-culture-research-society-jpcrs
- Contact: Maud O'Connor at email@example.com
Jewish Student Union
The Jewish Student Union is a space for self-identified progressive Jews at Oxy to productively discuss and act on issues surrounding Jewish identity, anti-Semitism, Israel-Palestine, and the Jewish role in social justice. Jewish Student Union is built on the foundation of Jewish values Tikkun Olam (repairing the world), Tzedek (justice), and machiokes I'shem shamayim (productive dialogue). It is with these values at the forefront that we seek to establish an engaged and meanful Jewish community. The cornerstone of our group is the intersection of progressive political and cultural values and Judaism.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/86046953757 | Meeting ID: 860 4695 3757 | Passcode: 322410
- Webpage: oxy.edu/student-life/resources-support/orsl/religious-spiritual-groups-campus
- Contact: Zachary Schuman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Korean American Student Association (KASA)
The Korean American Student Association of Occidental College serves to introduce and promote Korean culture to the entire student body. Through social, cultural and political events, we strive to create a welcoming and tight-knit community. Our purpose is to form long lasting connections, exemplify a strong positive presence in the community, and spread cultural awareness.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/87253264249 | Meeting ID: 872 5326 4249 | Passcode: oxykasa!
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/korean-american-student-association
- Contact: Brendan Kim at email@example.com
Muslim Student Assocation
Salaam! Muslim Student Association is a dedicated space on campus for both Muslim and Non-Muslim students to engage with Islam. We conduct weekly halaqas (religious study sessions) and organize social events surrounding the Muslim experience. We welcome all to join in our meeting if you would like to either know about the Muslim community at Oxy or Islam!
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/84078133384 | Password : oxymsa
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/muslim-students-association-msa
- Contact: Sherin Aboobucker Sidiq at firstname.lastname@example.org
Newman Catholic Community Club
We are the Catholic affinity club on campus and we are excited to meet you! We are committed to worship, community, discovery, growth and service.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/89297999269 | Meeting ID: 892 9799 9269 | Passcode: 583305
- Webpage: oxy.edu/student-life/resources-support/orsl/newman-catholic-community
- Contact: email@example.com
Occidental College Hillel
Oxy Hillel is a space forJews, allies, and friends to celebrate cultural and religious traditions of Judaism in a friendly and welcoming environment! We do everything from self care shabbats to Passover seders. Our goal is to support Jewish students on campus -- and generally provide a positive community for those from all backgrounds.
Occidental Consulting Group
We provide pro-bono consulting services to businesses and hone consulting skills to help build future career skills.
Occidental Law Society
Oxy Law Society is dedicated to helping and encouraging students who are interested in pre-law and/or in the legal field as a career. With our two competitive teams, Mock Trial and Moot Court, and our LSAT prep group, we work to prepare our fellow classmates as they look towards their future. To help them solidify this, we also bring in speakers ranging from law students to veterans in the field to give us a since of what law school and what a career as a lawyer entails.
Occidental Model United Nations
Oxy Model UN is our school's first Model United Nations team and we are looking to expand. Model UN is a group activity where teams from different schools simulate situations that would go through the UN. participants are assigned to a country as a delegate and a situation. They then have to form alliances with other countries and use debating skills to resolve the issue at hand. All are welcome regardless of experience.
Office of Pre-Health Advising
The Office of Pre-Health Advising (OPHA) supports students and alumni interested in pursuing careers in medicine, allied health and the biotech industry. Drop-in at any time to say hello to Cathreen Oracion, Pre-Health Advisor, and members of Oxy's Pre-Health Student Association (PHSA).
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/97847089255?pwd=SmxLamVQOUVuTEgvZzhlNWE2czZEdz09 | Passcode: phsa
- Webpage: oxy.edu/academics/student-success/pre-health-advising
- Contact: Cathreen Oracion at firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Religious and Spiritual Life
Our office offers programs and services to support student spiritual wellness and vocational discernment and promote a commitment to interfaith respect and awareness. We also support the student religious and spiritual clubs on campus.
- Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82050129753?pwd=TGJSMW42bmd1R29QdmZ0OUVDQWJKdz09 | Meeting ID: 820 5012 9753 | Passcode: CW8UWG
- Webpage: oxy.edu/student-life/resources-support/orsl
- Contact: Susan Young at email@example.com
A chapter of 350.org, an organization dedicated to fighting climate change through anti-fossil fuel work. We address a broader range of climate issues, including environmental justice, sustainability, conservation, and more.
Oxy Arts brings together the campus community, the Northeast Los Angeles community, and local and regional artists in socially conscious dialogue and engagement. We seek to share, connect and hold space for ideas and curiosity. You are welcome here.
Oxy Financial Literacy Club
We strive to empower students with the knowledge about personal finance that will set them up for financial independence as they transition out of college and throughout their lives. Bring in speakers and facilitate student-led workshops to help college students become financially independent and take control of their financial situation as they transition out of college.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/4157429283?pwd=SzdsRGRIWEF4dGJJMFhSU3A2VklOUT09 | Meeting ID: 415 742 9283 | Passcode: 6SS0vP
- Contact: Nicole Matsanov at firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxy.GG - Oxy Gaming Guild
Oxy's one and only gaming and esports club! We strive to bring Oxy student together by their love of any/all games. Oxy.GG's dream is to create a welcoming environment together by being kind, courteous, and treating everyone with respect!
Oxy Open Source
Oxy Open Source is a campus computer science club. We host weekly Workspaces where students come together to work on CS projects and coursework. Workspace is a great opportunity to make connections with other CS students and get help from tutors and peers. Additionally, we also host events (workshops, speaker + social events, interview + resume prep), bring attention to open sourced student projects, and voice student input in CS department meetings.
Oxy Sexual Assault Coalition (OSAC)
We are a student-run coalition dedicated to raising awareness of the sexual assault epidemic on college campuses and advocating for best policies and practices that provide for a safe and equitable student experience at Occidental College. Since OSAC’s re-establishment in 2017, survivors have continued to inform us of the pervasiveness of sexual assault and rape on the Occidental College campus. Currently, we have identified nine key issues that we will be working with relevant administrators and other campus constituents to accomplish.
Passionate about skincare? Wanna learn more about what you're putting on your face? Don't know where to start? Oxy Skin is a skincare club that welcomes anyone who is interested in learning more about skincare. Regardless of experience level, skin type, gender or skin color, Oxy Skin is a place to help you learn more about skincare ingredients, products, and hacks that will help you get the glow up you want.
Peer Health Exchange
Peer Health Exchange is a National Organization that works with local colleges to recruit and train their student volunteers to be health educators in the classroom. As slightly older peers, PHE's health educators are well-positioned to lead honest conversations about high school students' choices and health. PHE will be utilizing virtual tools to conduct workshops this semester, and we are looking for volunteers to do so! Come by to hear more about the role and the organization!
Peer Learning Program: Subject Advisers, Language Advisers, and Remote Learning Advisers
The Peer Learning Program offers academic support to all students s across all disciplines. Join us to learn more!
Our organization strives to create an open space to discuss chemistry and baking and to form bonds between members. We want to give rise to a new community to prove that chemistry is a very approachable subject that everyone can enjoy. We hope the positive experiences will resonate with our members so that they may continue to apply chemistry in their everyday lives.
Planned Parenthood Club
Planned Parenthood Club at Occidental is dedicated to raising support and awareness around reproductive justice and providing sexual health programming, education, and resources to students at Occidental College. We are the generation action chapter associated with Planned Parenthood of Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley (PPPSGV).
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/87834194780 | Meeting ID: 878 3419 4780 | Passcode: 157517
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/planned-parenthood-club
- Contact: Avanti Puri at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Health Student Association
Occidental College's Pre-Health Student Association (PHSA) serves to create a supportive community to pre-health students and to help provide the necessary tools to confidently and independently seek out advice, guidance, or assistance from other resources both on and off campus. In addition, PHSA works closely with Oxy's Office of Pre-Health Advising (OPHA) to help guide students towards pursuing a health graduate program.
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/97847089255?pwd=SmxLamVQOUVuTEgvZzhlNWE2czZEdz09 | Meeting ID: 978 4708 9255 | Passcode: phsa
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/prehealth-student-association
- Contact: Sophia Yang at email@example.com
Progressive Christians Uniting (PCU)
A small group of students interested in learning more about the intersection of our faith and social presence.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/86882882137 | Password: 454506
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/progressive-christians-uniting
- Contact: Oliver To at firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of Project for a Sexual Assault-Free Environment (Project S.A.F.E.) is to end sexual violence and to build healthier relationships on the Occidental campus.
We support this mission by providing culturally relevant and inclusive prevention education programs. We also provide advocacy, resources and support services for survivors/victims of sexual and relationship violence, including sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking and sexual harassment.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/8797289501
- Webpage: oxy.edu/student-life/resources-support/project-safe
- Contact: Marianne Frapwell at email@example.com
Oxy’s Psychology Club is a space for students to learn about psychology as a major or an interest! We build a strong psychology community at Oxy by hosting various events and activities throughout the year such as career panels, guest speakers and more! Follow them @oxypsych and email them at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on how to join!
- Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81130164585?pwd=RzJ5LytjclVWQUZKWUdIaDc3UlNEdz09 | Passcode: psychclub
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/psychology-club
- Contact: email@example.com
PULSE is dance community which provides FREE weekly dance classes of all styles and levels (hip-hop, contemporary, jazz-funk, bhangra fusion, heels, bachata, you name it!) Classes are taught by peers and hold the intention of providing a safe, respectful, and stress-free space that encourages movement and community.
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/99983329238pwd=aVpPZ29tNHBYOS9GQ3BhcmN1V29YZz09 | Meeting ID: 999 8332 9238 | Passcode: 8mUchCˇ
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/pulse-hip-hop-dance-club
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
PUSO (Pilipino United Students Organization)
The Pilipino United Students Organization is dedicated towards creating a safe space for Occidental students interested in the Filipino culture to form bonds, explore the rich Filipino culture that Eagle Rock has to offer, and foster a pamilya you can always find at Oxy. We are also devoted to supporting other POC voices on campus through events, fundraisers, and more!
Sexuality and Gender Acceptance (SAGA)
The purpose of SAGA is to create a community for queer and trans students on Occidental's campus and provide a space for support, dialogue, and organization.
- Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89777756626?pwd=NElYNHF2eUtlZFRmVWIrUkxRUkNYdz09 | Meeting ID: 897 7775 6626 | Passcode: saga
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/sexuality-and-gender-acceptance-saga
- Contact: email@example.com
Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc.
Sigma Lambda Gamma is the only multicultural Greek organization at Oxy. We strive to empower members of our community and beyond through our five principles. Our five principles are academics, cultural awareness, community service, morals and ethics, and social interaction. We welcome gender non-conforming individuals and self-identifying women.
- Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84562583023?pwd=VGNiTW5KK3A3TDR4NnFpK1AzL28yZz09 | Meeting ID: 845 6258 3023 | Passcode: OxyGammas2
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/sigma-lambda-gamma-2
- Contact: Brenda Duran at firstname.lastname@example.org
South Asian Student Association (SASA)
Occidental College's South Asian Students Association is committed to promoting the self-determination and cultural integrity of South Asian students on campus. If you love South Asian Culture come through!
- Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89758030670?pwd=QmorSnN3TUFiL2IzSXgyTDNXQkt3UT09 | Password: SASA
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/south-asian-student-association
- Contact: Harjas Dillon at email@example.com
Students for Equity and Advocacy in STEM (SEAS)
SEAS is a group of student organizers who are dedicated to supporting and empowering fellow students from historically underrepresented backgrounds in STEM. We are committed to supporting students academically and interpersonally, and can also help connect you with other campus resources. You can contact SEAS with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org, and can be kept updated on their weekly meetings via social media at @oxy_seas. You can also read more about SEAS on their website: oxyseas.rbind.io.
Students for Justice in Palestine
SJP is a student-led group at Occidental College dedicated to promoting human rights, liberation, justice and self- determination for the Palestinian People. Our organizing committee takes on a horizontal structure to emphasize equity, collaboration, and flexibility in our work. Our programming centers around four goals (education, cultural appreciation, solidarity & collaboration, and divestment), and includes hosting workshops, speakers, teach-ins, documentary viewings, and cultural celebrations. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/meeting/96461671962 | Passcode: sjp!
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/students-for-justice-in-palestine
- Contact: email@example.com
Students for Sensible Drug Policy
SSDP is a student led organization dedicated to ending the War on Drugs by raising awareness about the negative impact of drug misuse and perverse drug policies in our communities. We aim to achieve this by encouraging safer drug practices through honest research-based drug education and advocating for drug policies that are grounded in science, compassion, health, and human rights.
- Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88307065448?pwd=b1lPNStwdy93eHl2Vy9OOFEwU2diQT09 | Meeting ID: 883 0706 5448 | Passcode: oxyssdp
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/students-for-sensible-drug-policy-ssdp
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunrise Movement at Oxy
We are the Occidental hub of the Sunrise Movement! Organizing to stop the climate crisis and enact racial and economic equality through a Green New Deal. IG: @sunriseoxy
The Occidental newspaper
The Occidental is the student-run newspaper at Occidental College reporting on campus news, the NELA community, as well as publishing a variety of opinions, columns and letters to the editor from the campus community.
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93255457918?pwd=aXJDSWtKcUp3M0wvdkhCcmszT0FOUT09 | Meeting ID: 932 5545 7918 | Passcode: Oxy
- Website: theoccidentalnews.com
- Contact: Charlie Finnerty at email@example.com
The Upward Bound program provides opportunities and resources to help its high school participants succeed, both in their pre-college achievement and their higher education pursuits. We are looking for college student volunteers to serve as mentors to help our UB Scholars on their Pathway to College.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/89344825358 | Passcode: OxyUB2021
- Webpage: oxy.edu/about-oxy/community-engagement/upward-bound
- Contact: Oswaldo Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Women Inspiring iNner Kindness (WINK)
WINK is a club for people who identify as women or non-binary to come together and talk about mental health in an open and supportive environment. Our main events are our weekly hour long meetings, where there is a topic of discussion (previous topics have included body image, self-care, school stress, setting boundaries, family stress, and the list goes on). These meetings include talking prompts for the larger group as well as smaller discussions and one-on-ones. We often do a craft, and we usually have a time at the end of the meeting for members to ask for advice on an issue they may be having and receive support. We have also previously had some social retreats with our members, and you may know us through our positive thought notes on the bathroom mirrors during finals weeks! This semester we are also playing with the idea of alternating a more serious meeting one week and then a more chill non-involved zoom session on the other week since many of us are feeling very burnt out with doing remote school. We look forward to seeing what our club can do through zoom meetings this year, and we especially welcome new students to our community, as we all have experienced how starting college can hard emotionally and especially during this time.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/7904474910
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/wink-women-inspiring-inner-kindness
- Contact: email@example.com
The Oxy Writing Center offers many resources for students to work on their writing, including workshops, write-ins, and 1:1 advising sessions.
Youth Democratic Socialists in America
Young Democratic Socialists of America is the youth and student section of the Democratic Socialists of America, and a national organization of recognized campus chapters and several hundred activists. We are students organizing in our universities, colleges, and high schools to fight for the immediate needs of workers and students while building our capacity to fight for more radical and structural changes.
We work with labor campaigns to organize student workers of staff. We organize to defend immigrants through campaigns for sanctuary campuses. We campaign to divest our schools from fossil fuels. We do anti-poverty work through local mutual aid programs in our communities, and much much more.
YDSA fights for democratic socialism through active campaigns to improve the lives of working people.
- Zoom link: https://occidental.zoom.us/j/85493987510 | Meeting ID: 854 9398 7510 | Passcode: citrus
- Presence: oxy.presence.io/organization/youth-democratic-socialists-of-america
- Contact: Grace Meschery-McCormack at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to classes, meetings, events, programs, and auditions (Oxy students are busy!) the following orgs are not available at this time. Still, they want to hear from you! Please feel free to connect with:
2 Paws Up Sketch Comedy
Oxy's only sketch comedy group. We have put up performances, filmed sketches, parodied songs, participated in festivals, and more! Writers, actors, filmmakers, tech people, producers, CREATIVES welcome! No experience needed! CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Louis Nguyen at email@example.com
Alpha Lambda Phi Alpha Sorority
We are local sorority dedicated to supporting womxn both within and outside the Oxy community. Our commitment to service is demonstrated through our partnership with Planned Parenthood with whom we fundraiser for and volunteer with. To learn more about our organization and current members please check out our website alphalambdaphialpha.com for more information.
- Contact: Nina Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org
Biology club hosts events for students to learn more about the biology department, meet other biology students, share opportunities, and celebrate all things biology.
CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Leeza Lu at email@example.com
Challah for Hunger
We are Occidental's chapter of Challah for Hunger, a national organization that focuses on student hunger. Join us this semester for virtual challah bakes, advocacy events, and hopefully a speaker. We look forward to doing some baking with you soon!
We compete in the Southern California Collegiate Volleyball League (SCCVL) in the spring semester of 2020. Our team plays in one of the lower divisions to start, against schools like USC, UC Santa Barbra, LMU among others. We practice twice a week for 2 hours per practice in Rush Gymnasium. The practice times are variable due to scheduling around the varsity sports and the schedules of all the girls on the team. Previous volleyball experience is preferable, but not necessary. Please join! CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coding&&Community has the goal of making computer science education more accessible to underrepresented minority students. We work with NPP(Neighborhood Partnership Program) to teach weekly computer science lessons to local middle school students.
- Contact: Maya Gonzalez at email@example.com
華心 · CSA
The Chinese Student Association (CSA) at Occidental College aims to provide a community for students with Chinese ancestry, as well as to educate, celebrate, and explore the complexities of Chinese experiences. We welcome all students, regardless of ethnicity, who have an interest in Chinese culture to our club's events. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Stephnie Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dance Production is a student-led, student-choreographed, and student-danced organization that has prospered at Occidental College for 73 years. Our mission is to teach and spread the love of dance to students of all experience levels, create a supportive and inclusive community within Oxy, and connect to the greater Los Angeles area through all styles of dance.
Delta Omicron Tau
Delta Omicron Tau was founded in 1901 as a society of women in which social gatherings and friendships were central. As Delta has grown, we have expanded to incorporate scholarship, community service, and leadership as part of our organizations. With approximately 30 members today, Deltas are very active on the Occidental campus, and strive to maintain the values of our founders 113 years ago. Our crest's shield shape symbolizes our ideals of love, loyalty, and understanding. The tiger represents our loyalty to the spirit of Occidental, and the three leafed clover signifies our growth into our three ideals. The seven circles on the crest represent Delta's Pearls, or key values, of Wisdom, Tolerance, Integrity, Compassion, Peace, Joy, and Love.
We continue to honor these qualities within our members at weekly meeting, recognizing Delta's founding values as our own. As a local sorority, Delta relies upon current members and alumni to keep our traditions and values intact. As we grow and change, our strong alumni network provides the stability and perspective such that we continue to be a vibrant, active organization today. Delta proudly owns and maintains a beautiful house that is home to 10 members, that provides an essential meeting and gathering place for the chapter. The Delta House is a place for members to live together and to study together, to have social gatherings and to come together as a strong and active chapter. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Jona Yadidi at email@example.com
Detox | Men's Frisbee
You can say a lot of things about Detox. We're an ultimate frisbee team. We were the second highest ranked DIII frisbee team in the country until Covid hit. We've got beautiful jerseys and at least moderately attractive faces and we're humble.
All of these only scratch the surface, though. If you spend a few days (or even just a poorly attended practice on Saturday morning) with the team, you’ll get to know a really close group of people from really distant places. And not just “Washington.” Some of us played soccer, basketball, or lacrosse in high school. Some of us just played video games. What unites us all is the utter joy of chasing a plastic disc around a green field. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Luca Van der Meer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Occidental College Hawai'i Club is a cultural and community club on campus. Our mission is to educate students and Oxy community members about Hawaiian culture and local life in Hawai'i and to create a space for students from Hawai'i at Oxy. Join us in spreading aloha (love) around campus! CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Dylan Shiu at email@example.com
Japanese Cultural Organization
JCO celebrates Japanese culture by holding various events throughout the year. During this virtual semester, we are striving to hold as many events/activities as possible that are similar to on-campus events. For example, we will hold a Language Table Zoom when students can practice their Japanese skills. Any student interested in learning more about the culture is encouraged to join! CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latinx Student Union
Latinx Student Union (LSU) is a club that aims to promote awareness and celebrate the multitude of Latinx identities along multiple intersections of identity as well as a focus on dismantling anti-blackness, anti-queer, anti-indigenous, patriarchal ideas, and other systems of power within the Latinx community. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Alexis Martinez at email@example.com
Multi is a club dedicated to creating a space on campus for multiracial and multiethnic students to discuss their experiences and build community. A typical meeting can include anything from playing games, watching a show, or just hanging out and having conversations. Multi is a space that gives students who identify as multicultural a chance to build community with each other. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Occidental Dance Team
Occidental Dance Team is a group of auditioned dancers that officially represents the College at sporting games and events! We perform at soccer and basketball games throughout the year, virtual shows and also at other events hosted by student organizations. We perform styles such as jazz, hip hop, lyrical, and pom. Dance Team has auditions at the beginning of each semester and we encourage everyone to come for a fun time no matter your level of experience!
We're currently holding auditions so we won't be available via Zoom today. Still, we hope you'll reach out to us on any of the platforms below:
We are Oxy Democrats. We meet weekly to discuss current political events and discuss how to get involved. We have a wide range of guest speakers and events every semester related to all different aspects of politics.
oSTEM (Out in STEM) Club
The Occidental out in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (oSTEM) club is a student organization that hopes to create a supportive community of LGBTQ+ scientists on campus. Through mentorship, collaboration, and community building we hope to encourage everyone to feel comfortable and confident in our fields. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Mia Forsline at email@example.com
Oxy Design Service (ODS)
Let us design for you!
Oxy Design Service is the premiere graphic design service at Occidental College. If you have an event you are hosting, a fundraising you are running, a speaker presenting, or a movie showing, let us help you spread the word! We design for free for student clubs and organizations and take on administrative job requests for a small fee. Our designers can help put your visions on posters, flyers, brochures, logos, t-shirts, the JSC TV screen, and more! See the gallery below for some examples of our design work. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxy Mens Rugby
We are the Blackshirts, Oxy's Mens Rugby / football club. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Malachy Mitchnick at email@example.com
Oxy Sneaker Service
Oxy Sneaker Service is an on-campus business dedicated to maintaining sneakers, whether they're old favorites or new purchases. We offer a variety of services including cleanings with supplies specially selected for specific shoes, oil treatments to preserve delicate materials like suede or nubuck, and hydrophobic spray treatments that reduce the chance of permanent stains. Starting this year, Oxy Sneaker Service will donate 50% of profits to charities that empower Black communities. We would love to hear your input on which charities to consider! CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Isabel Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students of Kinesiology
The mission of the Kinesiology Ambassadors is to help ensure the growth of the department as a rigorous yet supportive major that prepares students for any pre-health or graduate program. We value the diversity, curiosity, and commitment of prospective students to apply the knowledge of the human body to various passions, aspirations, and futures. As Ambassadors, we will be the bridge between students and faculty so that every student feels confident in their pursuit of a Kinesiology degree and future endeavors. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Vivian Sun at email@example.com
Transfer Student Union
The Oxy Transfer Student Union is a space to build community with the classes of transfers, as well as advocate for change within college and admissions policy that will benefit transfer students. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Ruby Ferehawk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Women of Economics
Past the 100-level classes, there is a significant gender gap in the economics major. The Women of Economics club is dedicated to supporting and providing a safe space for female econ students in a male-dominated field. A big part of our club is the mentor/mentee program where we pair first year and sophomore female econ majors with a junior or senior major based on similar interests. We will also use Zoom to host alumni panels, research/internship panels, study hours, and talking circles. We will also collaborate with the Economics Student Association to host our student-faculty mixer on Zoom. Overall, our mission is to help female econ majors navigate through a male-dominated field through providing resources, support, and a safe space. This semester we will also focus on helping econ students stay connected with each other, faculty, and alumni. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contacts: email@example.com
Women's Ultimate Frisbee (WAC)
WAC is a group of dedicated frisbee players who enjoy tossing plastic, winning the DIII SW division, and hyping each other up on the dance floor. Our team is open to all experience levels and we hope you join us for virtual workouts and events this fall! CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: Caroline Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org
This team is a great way to be introduced to the game of rugby and to have fun with a bunch of super cool womxn. We will not be having practices this semester, but we still hope to share "Top Rugby Hits" clips and stay fit together. No experience needed (to work out nor to eventually play rugby). Stop by to get to know our group a little more! CLICK HERE for more information.
- Contact: email@example.com
Zeta Tau Zeta
Zeta Tau Zeta is Oxy's only gender-neutral Greek organization. Established in 1926 as a sorority, we maintain the values of loyalty and friendship, and continue to devote ourselves to service and advocacy. CLICK HERE for more information.