Quiet study spaces, group meeting rooms, a hidden recording studio...the Academic Commons has it all.
- Ahmanson Reading Room (2nd floor, Hunt Wing) - View on map.
- Jeffers Room (2nd floor, Hunt Wing)
- LA Reading Room (3rd floor, Hunt Wing)
- Additional quiet study carrels and couches may be found on the first floor in the old wing and on the third floor outside of Special Collections.
- Groups also may use collaboration spaces on the first floor. Use is first-come first-serve, but individuals should please give precedence to groups. (Rooms 101, 102, 104, 120, 121, 122, 123, 131 and 132)
- The Imagenes Latinas Reading Room...
Classrooms & Meeting Spaces
- Galarza Room (LIB 260), capacity: 16. More information, including information about reserving the space, can be found on Master Calendar.
- Seminar Room 251 (LIB 251), capacity: 16. More information, including information about reserving the space, can be found on Master Calendar.
- Seminar Room 355 (LIB 355), capacity: 16. More information, including information about reserving the space, can be found on Master Calendar.
- oMac Lab (LIB 2), capacity: 16. Reservable on Master Calendar.
- The oMac Lab, located on the ground floor, offers instructor projection and white board as well as 16 iMac computers. Reservations for classes and workshops may be made through the Master Calendar. Individuals and small groups may use the lab without reservation when the room is available.
- Brown LearnLab (LIB 219), capacity: 24. Reservable on Master Calendar.
- The Brown Learn Lab, located on the second floor, is a multimodal learning space for classes, workshops, and group study. The room allows projection from a lectern as well as from modular tables with movable chairs, movable white boards, and an interactive smart board. Room reservations are required for classes and workshops and may be made through the Master Calendar. Individual and small groups may use the room without a reservation when the room is not booked. Instructors may request set up of up to 25 PC laptops in their 25 Live reservation. Students may borrow laptops from the circulation desk at the Info Center.
Critical Making Studio (CMS)
Creative software, such as iMovie and Adobe Photoshop may be accessed in the Critical Making Studio, the oMac Lab on the ground floor and at the Creative Stations on the first floor next to ITS. Visit Critical Making for more information.
Virtual Reality, Stop Motion Animation and Photogrammetry (LIB 124 and 128)
Food & Beverage
The Snack Lounge, located on the first floor in the old (Hunt) wing, will feature a variety of coffee drinks, fresh sandwiches, fruit, ramen, a microwave and a hot water dispenser. The food will be restocked daily and will vary based on popularity and user feedback.
Like the other vending machines on campus, these will accept Oxy cards and cash only (no credit or debit cards at this time). Students with regular meal plans may access the machines through their vending plan.