About the College Archives
College Archives was established in 1971 and collects materials that document the history and institutional memory of Occidental College.
What we collect
Our holdings include materials in both print and electronic format. Some of these are campus publications, faculty and alumni files, photographs, scrapbooks, sound and video recordings, and architectural plans dating from the founding of the College in 1887 to the present. Notable records are Oxy’s founding documents, material from the Board of Trustees, and papers of past Occidental presidents. Some online resources are:
- Oxy's alumni magazine, Occidental (Currently available: 1921-1955 and 2004-2012)
- Web Archives preserves copies of Oxy's website, including the online student newspaper The Occidental, student media and organizations, and a selection of Northeast Los Angeles websites
- Occidental College Campus Historical Photos Digital Collection
- Oxy's historical audio and video
- OxyCorps' 58 video/oral histories of alumni
Ask Us for more information.