The regular hours of operation for the Library and Academic Commons during the fall semester are:
- Mon: 8:00am to Midnight
- Tue: 8:00am to Midnight
- Wed: 8:00am to Midnight
- Thu: 8:00am to Midnight
- Fri: 8:00am to 10:00pm
- Sat: 10:00am to 10:00pm
- Sun: 10:00am to Midnight
Our building is open to visitors from 9am to 5pm. Community members and alumni visiting the Academic Commons must sign in at the front desk upon arrival.
Mary Norton Clapp Library
1600 Campus Road
Los Angeles, CA 90041
Download a printable building floorplan (pdf).
With a parking permit obtainable at no cost from the Campus Safety office, you can use any "Visitor" or "General" parking space on campus. There is a parking lot behind the Library, and another close lot west of Bell Field at the main entrance to campus.
Street parking requires no permit and can also get you quite close to the Library. If you park near Campus Road and Armadale, walk through the campus gate and the Library is straight ahead. You will need to walk around the building to find the entrance.
The Occidental College library provides services, facilities, and technological resources to support the College’s educational, research, artistic, professional, and community-service goals. The following policies are intended to govern the use of the facilities and collections
- Smoking is not permitted. This includes the use of electronic cigarettes and vaporizers.
- Designated service animals are allowed inside the building; other animals are not allowed.
- Bicycles should be parked at campus bike racks.
- Display of posters, distribution of literature, or solicitation is prohibited (except in designated areas). A request should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
- Professional filming or photography inside the library facility must be approved in advance. Please visit Filming @ Oxy for more information.
- Library reading and designated group study rooms are accessible to all Occidental patrons first come first serve. They can be reserved up to one month in advance for a maximum time of two hours only by Occidental College Faculty, students, and staff via Master Calendar. Library room capacity must be considered before booking based upon the estimated number of attendees.
- Non-Oxy affiliated patrons have to visit the Conference Services website in regard to planning an event or reserving a space
- Computers and other media devices in public spaces should not be used to access or display content that is inappropriate, prohibited, or unlawful.
- When the security gate alarm is triggered, guests should approach the Information Desk to clear their belongings before they proceed to the exit doors.
- Disruptive behavior, discrimination, or abuse against others is not permitted. Patrons behaving in such a manner may be asked to leave. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited to verbal abuse, excessive noise, or any other activity that might disturb the safety and work of others.
- Anyone who destroys or tampers with library material or property may lose library privileges.
- Occidental College library reserves the right to refuse access and borrowing privileges to any person who fails to follow library regulations.