Hear from Rob Flot, Occidental's Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students, as he describes the student experience at Oxy. Then check out the links below to learn more about life on campus.
Oxy Varsity, Club and Intramural Athletics
25% of Oxy students play a varsity sport and, when including club and intramural sports on campus, 45% of students are involved in athletics.
- Hear from student athletes about why they chose Oxy and what their experience is like playing sports at Occidental.
- Take a look inside Occidental's intramural and club sports.
- Oxy Arts manages a gallery and interdisciplinary performance space with a range of Exhibitions and Events.
- Read about one student’s journey from drama in high school to Theater at Oxy and meet an Oxy grad whose path from Oxy Theater landed her on Broadway.
- Billboard Magazine declares Occidental’s music program among the top 20 in the nation, the only liberal arts college on the list.
- Oxy is known for its dance community, which comes to life in the beloved tradition of Dance Production, a student-choreographed dance recital where the parts are open to any student.
Occidental Greek Life is centered on academic excellence, leadership development, equity and respect for diversity and philanthropy.
- Go behind the scenes to see the gears behind Greek Life and the unique offerings of Alpha Chi Sigma, the national co-ed chemistry fraternity.
- Erin Zhang ’20 shares her Sorority Experience at Oxy.
Student Leadership Involvement & Community Engagement (SLICE) brings together programs focused on leadership, activities and community engagement in one office to foster a robust student experience on and off campus.