Oxy students can find exciting jobs with the Urban & Environmental Policy department and UEP Institute working on social justice issues.
The positions during the academic year are for current Oxy students with full-time status. Positions in the summer are for returning Oxy students. Graduating seniors will be re-directed to the staff positions listed on the Human Resources page.
Work location: UEP/UEPI @ 1882 Campus Road
Supervisor: Professor Martha Matsuoka
Contact information: (323) 259-2971 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date: January 21, 2020 (flexible)
End Date: End of Spring 2020
Work schedule: Flexible
No. of hours/wk: 5-8 hours per week
Hourly rate: $14.25
- Research and writing support; help with citations/bibliographies, copy editing,
- Writing projects, e.g. newsletter for UEPI
- General Administrative support
- Excellent writing and community skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and takes self-initiative
- Experience with Zotero
- Experience in social media
- Familiarity with issues of gentrification, displacement, community-engaged research, community engagement
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience with mailchimp, social media (FB, Instagram), and InDesign for report design and layout.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and chart/tables (using Excel preferred), and student employment application to Sylvia Chico and Prof. Matsuoka at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.