A campus-wide committee appointed by President Harry Elam, the Campus Committee on Sexual Responsibility & Misconduct (CCSRM) works closely with the Title IX Coordinator.
The Committee's responsibilities are laid out in its formal charge:
As a residential liberal arts college, we live, work, and socialize in community. As such, we want to be ever mindful of our rights and responsibilities, especially with respect to our most intimate personal interactions.
The Campus Committee on Sexual Responsibility & Misconduct will:
- review practices, procedures, and programming relevant to sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and Title IX issues;
- provide feedback to the Title IX Coordinator on educational programs/initiatives and other sex discrimination policy initiatives; and
- guided by the Title IX Coordinator, review the Occidental College Sexual Misconduct Policy, within the framework of federal law and guidelines, and offer suggestions for update or revision.
The 2020-21 members are:
- Project SAFE - Marianne Frapwell, Senior Manager and Survivor Advocate
- Project SAFE - Tirzah Blanche, Program Coordinator & Prevention Education Specialist
- Student Appointment 1 - Junko Anderson, Project SAFE Programming Assistant
- Student Appointment 2 - Avanti Puri, Restorative Justice Committee Member
- Faculty Council Appointment 1 - Beth Braker, Professor of Biology
- Faculty Council Appointment 2 - Lisa Sousa, Professor of History
- Intercultural Community Center - Chris Arguedas, Director
- Human Resources - Jacie Feigelman, Associate Director of Employee Relations and Training
- Emmons Wellness Center - Sara Semal, Senior Director of Student Wellness
- Dean of Students Office - Vivian Santiago, Associate Dean of Students and Director of Student Success
- Residential Education and Housing Services - Isaiah Thomas, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Residential Education, Housing Services and Student Conduct
- Office of Student Conduct - Ashley Claiborne, Assistant Director
- International Programs Office - Julie Santos, Associate Director
- Athletics - Rob Bartlett, Cross Country and Track Head Coach
- Campus Safety - Rick Tanksley, Director of Campus Safety
- Financial Aid - Tiffany Mendez, Director of Financial Aid
- Office of Marketing & Communication – Jim Tranquada, Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Title IX Office - Andrea Boyle, Title IX Administrative Coordinator
- Title IX Office - Alexandra Fulcher, Title IX Coordinator
The CCSRM will present an annual report to President Elam and the campus community by May 1, 2021. The report will include a summary of the year's work, as well as any recommendations made by the committee with respect to existing policies, procedures and practices. I invite you to review the Interim Sexual Misconduct Policy and to provide comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our goal is to have a permanent policy in place sometime in the spring semester.
You can contact the Committee at email@example.com.