A campus-wide committee appointed by President Jonathan Veitch, the Campus Committee on Sexual Responsibility & Misconduct (CCSRM) works closely with the Title IX coordinator.
The Committee's responsibilities are laid out in its formal charge:
“As a residential liberal arts college, we live, work, and socialize in community. As such, we want to be ever mindful of our rights and responsibilities, especially with respect to our most intimate personal interactions.
“The Campus Committee on Sexual Responsibility & Misconduct will:
- review practices, procedures, and programming relevant to sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and Title IX issues;
- provide feedback to the Title IX Coordinator on educational programs/initiatives and other sex discrimination policy initiatives; and
- guided by the Title IX Coordinator, review the Occidental College Sexual Misconduct Policy, within the framework of federal law and guidelines, and offer suggestions for update or revision"
The Committee will report to the president and the campus community by April 28, 2017. Their report will include a summary of the year's work, as well as any recommendations made by the committee during the year with respect to existing policies, procedures and practices.
You can contact the Committee at CCSRM@oxy.edu.
Committee members are:
- Robert Bartlett - Head Coach, Cross Country and Track and Field
- Jennifer Broomfield - Title IX Coordinator, Committee Chair
- Brian Clearwater - Faculty, Religious Studies
- Eliza Diliberti - Clery Act Compliance Coordinator
- Marianne Frapwell - Project SAFE Manager and Survivor Advocate
- Elizabeth Frissell - Student
- Thalia Gonzalez - Student
- Robin Hamilton - Admissions
- Jenny Heetderks - Emmons
- Lindsey Ingram - Student
- Claudia Lechner - Student
- Amy Lyford - Faculty, Art History
- Melissa Morales - Prgram Manager, Peace Over Violence
- Caroline Parker - Project SAFE Program Assistant
- Avanti Puri - Student
- Ryan Romero - Project SAFE Program Assistant
- Jacob Alden Sargent - Associate Director, Center for Digital Liberal Arts
- Sara Semal - Senior Director of Student Wellness
- Payal Sinha - Staff Attorney, Peace Over Violence
- Anneke Struble - Student
- Tom Wesley - Res. Ed.
- Lulu (Lucas) Wieserman - Student