Take a look at what’s ahead throughout the summer for new Oxy students.
Here’s a glimpse into the coming months, along with some general timelines of when materials will need to be completed by and items will be due. This list will be updated with forms, deadlines and additional information throughout the summer. You will be emailed further instructions about all of these steps as well.
- Activate your Oxy network account (myOxy) and Oxy email address
- Registration opens for Cultural Studies Program (CSP) Seminars
- Meal plan selection
- Student health insurance waiver available online
- Complete the Advising Information form
- Complete Residental Life & Housing application
- Sign up for L.A. Engage
- Complete FERPA information
- Complete the Online Entrance Interview, Master Promissory Note and Disclosures for Oxy and federal loans (if applicable)
- The notice of your bill for the Fall 2020 semester will be emailed to you and any authorized users on your account
- Submit payment for your Fall 2020 tuition and fees
- Submit a photo for your Oxy ID card
- Complete the EverFi online education program "Sexual Responsibility"
There are several required health forms that will need to be completed. These will be available at myhealth.oxy.edu. Additional information about these health forms and health insurance will be provided.
- Health history (completed by student)
- Financial Responsibility and Permission for Treatment (signed by student and parent/legal guardian)
- Immunization Record (completed by healthcare professional)
- Authorization to Share Health Information (completed by student)
- Sports Physical for club sports (completed by healthcare professional for those participating in club sports)
- Deadline to take online placement exams for chemistry, mathematics, French, Spanish and German
- Deadline to sign up for or waive Oxy student health insurance
- Deadline to pre-register for courses that require an online placement exam (if applicable)
- Submit the waiver of FERPA Privacy Rights form in myOxy
- Complete the Course Planning Worksheet
- Review your Clearance form in myOxy
- Review the Code of Student Conduct