The Office of Residential Education and Housing Services (REHS) at Occidental College is excited about the 2021-2022 year and is looking forward to welcoming you to campus!
Steps to Complete Your Fall 2021 Housing Application
The Fall 2021 Housing Application is open! REHS utilizes an electronic software program called eRezlife to manage housing. eRezlife allows you to complete your housing application, indicate roommate preferences and review additional resources and bulletins pertaining to housing at Oxy. Please review the step-by-step eRezlife instructions and be sure to complete your housing application by June 25.
- Step 1: Log in to oxy.erezlife.com using your Oxy credentials (the same login used for your myOxy account). When logging in, you will use the tool bar on the left side of the screen under the header "Housing" to complete all of the steps. Note: You will need to have your Oxy login credentials in order to log into the website. If you do not have your credentials OR if you are having trouble logging in, you will need to contact Oxy’s Information Technology Services (ITS) department, who can further assist you. ITS can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (323) 259-2880 during College business hours.
- Step 2: Select "My Housing Profile" and confirm that all of your information is correct and press SAVE. Go back to the toolbar and select "Housing Overview” and click “Apply Now” to access the Fall 2021 Housing Application.
- Step 3: Complete the Fall 2021 Housing Application. You must submit the application by June 25.
- Step 4: Please read the Terms & Conditions file on the confirmation page of the housing application. This is where you will review your Housing License Agreement. Don't forget to click “Submit."
- Step 5: If you have a preferred roommate, go back to the toolbar and select "Roommate Groups." Next, create a group name, making sure to put in your desired roommate(s') Oxy email address(es). Members of the roommate group will receive an email asking for their acceptance; members must confirm their placement in the group. Note: Roommates and room type (e.g. doubles and/or triples) are not guaranteed based on your roommate groups. Though we try to honor all requests, students will be placed in what is available at the time of housing placements. For example, a roommate group of two people does not guarantee a double room; you may have a third person added to form a triple.
Roommate and Room Assignment Information
REHS will spend the months of June and July reviewing all incoming student housing applications, making room assignments and matching roommates. As this is a significant task, this will take several weeks to complete. Students can expect to receive their room assignment and roommate(s) information on or around Friday, August 6.
Themed Living Communities
Themed Living Communities (TLCs): TLCs, a signature program offered by REHS, create affinity spaces for students with shared identities and provide opportunities to learn and build community through intentional programming that centers the TLC theme. The TLC First-Year Guide contains a full list of TLCs for first-year students and their locations. The TLC Upper Division Guide contains a full list of TLC's for all upper-class students and transfer students.
- First Year Students: If you are interested in applying for a TLC, you are able to indicate this when you complete your housing application.
- Transfer Students: If you are interested in applying for a TLC, you will need to complete the TLC Housing Application, which is separate from the general housing application, by June 25.
Space is limited in each of the communities and all applicants will be notified in late July if they have been assigned to a TLC. Students who we are unable to be assigned to a TLC will receive roommate and room assignment information by Friday, August 6.
Disability Housing Accommodations
If you are in need of housing accommodation due to a documented medical or psychiatric disability, or have questions about housing accommodations, please review the Housing Accommodation Policy on the Disability Services website and submit your accommodation request online. The deadline to apply for Disability Housing Accommodations for Fall 2021 housing is June 25.
All first year and transfer students are permitted to arrive on campus as early as Monday, August 23, at 8:00 a.m. PDT. REHS is unable to honor any early housing requests, so you will need to seek alternative housing accommodations should you have a need to arrive in the area earlier than August 23. If you are involved in a College program or fall sport that requires an early arrival, or are an international student, please contact that department or office directly for information about your arrival. We recognize that students and families often wish to share this momentous occasion together. Students are welcome to be accompanied by their family members on move-in day as long as all guests are masked and there are no children under the age of twelve.
If you have any questions about logging on to eRezlife, or you are having difficulty with your Oxy login credentials, please contact ITS at email@example.com or by calling (323) 259-2880 during College business hours.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Office of Residential Education and Housing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 259-2531. Please note that REHS is working with many students and families during the months of June and July, and we will provide a response back to your questions as soon as we are able.
We are looking forward to welcoming you into our residence halls and onto campus this August!