Are you career ready?
Addressing the career development needs of Oxy students, the HCC now offers a three-part series of up-to-date, comprehensive career education seminars for all class years. To sign up, log in to Handshake and navigate to the Career Center tab.
HCC 100: Ascend is designed for first year students
- Introduces first-year students to the foundational career-readiness principles required to pursue opportunities during the first summer after their first year.
- This four-session series engages students and helps to build confidence and trust, while exposing students to the early stages of career development.
- Students prepare a well-written college resume, learn to write a professional cover letter and other professional written communication, explore degree majors and possible career paths, develop a plan for the summer, and lay the ground work for their unique college experience.
- Students are generally required to successfully complete all four sessions of HCC 100 to be eligible to apply for paid internships through the HCC’s internship programs.
- Get a student perspective on the program.
HCC 200: Career Quest is designed for sophomores and juniors (Launching Spring 2019)
HCC 300: Ready to Launch is designed for seniors (Launching Spring 2019)