Hundreds of students have impacted the Los Angeles community and gained meaningful work experience through Oxy’s InternLA Summer Internship program.
InternLA is a donor-funded internship program designed to encourage talented Oxy students to gain real-world work experience over the summer with Los Angeles-based nonprofit organizations. Students selected for an InternLA internship receive an educational stipend and need-based on-campus housing for the duration of the program. InternLA internships are for 10 weeks beginning in late May and ending in early August. Internships may take place in person, remote, or hybrid.
Sophomores, juniors, and December-graduating seniors who meet the Hameetman Career Center eligibility requirements are eligible to apply for InternLA opportunities.
InternLA 2024 Timeline
- Student Information Sessions: October 4 and October 17, 2023
- Eligibility Period (attend all five workshops on/before January 19, 2024)
- Application Period: January 26 - February 9, 2024
- Program Begins: May 29, 2024
- Program Ends: August 2, 2024