Hundreds of students have completed paid internships through Oxy’s InternLA Summer Internship program.
InternLA is a paid internship program designed to encourage talented Oxy students to gain real-world work experience over the summer with Los Angeles-based nonprofit organizations. Students selected for an InternLA internship receive a summer program educational stipend to subsidize some of their transportation and housing expenses. InternLA internships are for 10 weeks starting in May and ending in July and may take place in-person, remote, or hybrid.
Sophomores, juniors, and December-graduating seniors who meet the Hameetman Career Center eligibility requirements are eligible to apply for InternLA opportunities.
Information about 2023 InternLA applications will be available in late 2022.
InternLA Qualification Requirements
HCC Program Eligibility Requirements by Class Year
In order to apply for 2023 InternLA internships, students must complete the following career education seminars:
- HCC 101: Introduction to Career Services
- HCC 102: Introduction to Career Exploration
- HCC 200: Job & Internship Search Bootcamp
- Resume Writing Workshop
- Interview Preparation Workshop
Check your Handshake account to see which requirements you have completed.
- Visit Handshake, click on your initials or avatar in the upper right corner, and select "My Profile." Scroll to the bottom of your profile and review the "Public Labels" section on the left side.
- If you have not yet attended a required seminar you will not see the "Public Labels" section. Check back after you've attended your first workshop.
Professional Development Training
To enhance the career and professional development of Oxy students, students who obtain a summer internship through the InternLA program are required to participate in Impact Sessions. These weekly meetings serve as an on-campus career and professional development training program for InternLA participants. Through Impact Sessions students learn about the career development process; participate in networking events; tour employer sites; and make a TED Talk-style presentation to their internship supervisors, faculty, and administrators at the end of the summer internship program.
InternLA participants have completed summer internships with organizations such as Center Theatre Group, City of Hope, Community Partners, Los Angeles Zoo, Office of the Mayor of Los Angeles, and the Grammy Museum.