Your career development begins here
The Hameetman Career Center (HCC) offers a comprehensive, three-part career education series to help Occidental College students obtain the fundamental career-readiness knowledge and skills needed to get off to a great start: HCC 101 and 102; HCC 200; and HCC 300.
HCC 101: Introduction to Career Services and HCC 102: Introduction to Career Exploration
(formerly HCC 100: Ascend Parts 1 and 2)
HCC 101 introduces students to career services at Oxy. Students learn about career resources; HCC technology; employer and alumni events; and how to make the most of their career development at Oxy.
- HCC 102 exposes students to the stages of career development. Students explore degree majors and possible career paths, develop a plan for career-building summer experiences, and lay the groundwork for pursuing a variety of employment opportunities.
Who should attend HCC 101 and HCC 102? All students, specifically first-year and sophomore students.
HCC 200: Job and Internship Search Bootcamp
- HCC 200 is designed for all students interested in learning the process for conducting an affective internship or job search.
- Students learn the foundational skills needed to design an affective search strategy.
Who should attend HCC 200? All students who have completed HCC 101 and 102, sophomores and juniors seeking internships, and seniors seeking full-time employment.
HCC 300: College to Career Planning
- Seniors will work closely with a career advisor to develop and execute a targeted job search strategy.
- Students will learn valuable tips on how to ensure a successful first year on the job.
Who should attend HCC 300? Seniors seeking professional full-time employment after graduation. Juniors may also attend.