Are you career ready?
Addressing the career development needs of Oxy students, the HCC now offers a three-part series of up-to-date, comprehensive career education seminars for all class years. To sign up, log in to Handshake and navigate to the Career Center tab.
HCC 100: Ascend is designed for first year students (get a student perspective on the program)
- Introduces first-year students to the foundational career-readiness principles required to pursue opportunities during the first summer after their first year.
- This four-session series engages students and helps to build confidence and trust, while exposing students to the early stages of career development.
- Students prepare a well-written college resume, learn to write a professional cover letter and other professional written communication, explore degree majors and possible career paths, develop a plan for the summer, and lay the ground work for their unique college experience.
- Students are generally required to successfully complete all four sessions of HCC 100 to be eligible to apply for paid internships through the HCC’s internship programs.
HCC 200: Career Quest is designed for sophomores and juniors (Launching Spring 2019)
HCC 300: Ready to Launch is designed for seniors (Launching Spring 2019)
Other career education events and resources:
- Individualized advising and support
- Graduate school advising
- Resume and cover letter writing and feedback
- Internship and job search strategies
- Interview preparation
- Exploration of degree majors and career paths
- Life after Oxy and on-going career management advising
- Professional development seminars from industry experts
- Employer and alumni connections
- Career assessments such as Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Strengths, and Holland Interest
- Job search preparation and resources such as Handshake, CareerShift, and Vault
- Student professional business cards
- LinkedIn and Handshake Profile Labs
- Dress for Success Workshops and annual Clothing Boutique
- Specialized seminars for financial services, technology and consulting
Go to the “Career Center" tab, then “Resources" in Handshake to access career education and job search resources.