The Student Success Team (SST) is a cross-disciplinary group of experts and professionals who work to support the well-being and success of Oxy students by identifying individual students-of-concern and developing holistic, personalized responses. Working in partnership with community members, the SST delivers appropriate, proactive and effective interventions that reflect the Culture of Care at Oxy.
Inspiring growth and success by fostering a caring and collaborative campus community united in helping students overcome the challenges that arise where education and life intersect.
Members of the Student Success Team
- Vivian Garay Santiago, Assistant Dean of Students & Director of Student Success
- Mariam Ashchyan, Case Manager, Dean of Students
- Carolyn Brighouse, Associate Dean for Student Issues
- Ron Buckmire, Associate Dean for the CORE Program
- Rob Flot, Vice-President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Joe Gonzalez, Head Athletic Trainer
- Jenny Heetderks, Director of Counseling Center
- Luci Masredjian, Director of Disabilty Services and Student Support
- Rick Tanksley, Director of Campus Safety
- Isaiah Thomas, Assistant Dean of Students & Director of Residential Education Housing Services & Conduct
How to refer a student to the SST?
Should you have any concerns or questions about supporting a distressed Oxy student, please contact the Dean of Students office at (323) 259-2661. If you have concerns about a student and the Dean of Students office is closed, please take the following steps:
If the concern is urgent in nature and requires IMMEDIATE follow-up, please contact Campus Safety at 323-259-2599. Campus Safety can activate the 24/7 duty response system. There is always a professional staff member on-duty and a Dean-on-Duty that is available to oversee and supervise emergent crisis issues.
If the concern is serious but not urgent, please submit an Oxy Care Report report (available to staff and faculty via MyOxy>>My Gateway). Concerned individuals who are not staff or faculty, can email Vivian Garay Santiago to share concerns.
Contact the SST via the Dean of Students Office: (323) 259-2661