Critical making is hands-on exploration. This space on the ground floor of Academic Commons is equipped with analog and digital tools meant to spark creative making in any medium.
The Critical Making Studio is for students, by students. This space is meant for creativity: edit photos and videos on the Macs loaded with the Adobe Creative Suite, design objects and bring them to life with our 3D printer, express your thoughts by creating a zine with our paper-based craft objects, and more!
Reservations for the audio booth can be made in 3-hour blocks. Audio Booth occupancy is limited to 2 people at a time. To make a reservation follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the audio booth booking site or scan the QR Code posted outside the audio booth.
- Select the date of your reservation by clicking “Go to date” at the bottom of the page.
- Select an available time block by clicking the green blocks at the corresponding times on the timeline.
- Note: to navigate the timeline click the right and left arrows next to “Go To Date”; to advance to the next available time slot on the timeline, click “Next Available.”
- Confirm your reservation by clicking “Confirm Booking.”
- To check in to the audio booth, check out the audio booth kit at the front desk of the Academic Commons with your Oxy ID. Note: The audio booth kit includes a key to the audio booth, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB audio interface, Shure SRH440 headphones, Shure SM57 microphone, and XLR cables.
- To check out of the audio booth, please bring the key and audio booth kit back to the front desk of Academic Commons.