There are many ways to get involved with economics outside the classroom.
- Economics Student Association (ESA): The ESA aims to improve the student experience in the economics department. We seek to bridge gaps between students, faculty, and alumni of the economics department through a variety of events.
- Women of Economics (WOE): This club brings together women interested or majoring in economics. We want to enhance cohesion among students in the major, provide a clear way for underclassmen to receive support and advice from upperclassmen, and work to close the gap between women who take entry-level economics classes and women who major in economics. We currently have a mentorship program in which we pair upper/underclassmen and meet regularly as a group. Please contact email@example.com for more information or to get involved.
- Blyth Fund: The Blyth Fund is a premier six-figure, student-managed investment portfolio. It offers students hands-on experience in investment management and broadens interest in finance among some of Oxy’s most promising of students.
- Oxy Consulting Group: Established at Occidental College in 2015, the Occidental Consulting Group (OCG) strives to improve the local Los Angeles community by providing pro bono management consulting services to businesses and nonprofit organizations.
- Oxy Microfinance Club: Oxy Microfinance Club is a service club with the mission of helping entrepreneurs around the world generate steady income by making small loans to support their growth.
- Impact Fund: The Occidental Impact Fund is a group of students striving to better the world by providing loans to sustainable entrepreneurs in developing countries.