- Schedule Adjustment Form
- Independent Study Contract - To enroll in an Independent Study course, students must submit a completed form to the Registrar's Office no later than the 2- or 4-unit add deadline, respectively. If the addition of an Independent Study course causes the student to exceed the maximum allowable units, a Petition for Special Consideration will need to be submitted requesting a "Course Overload" by 4-unit add deadline, regardless of whether the Independent Study course is a 2- or 4-unit course.
- Late Drop Form - A student looking to drop a course after the drop deadline is required to submit a Late Drop Form to the Office of the Registrar. Late Drops may be filed through the last day of classes. Any course dropped after the deadline will be noted as a "W" on the transcript.
- Credit/No Credit Contract - With the exception of required courses, including foreign language, Core, and major and minor requirements, a student may change the grade mode of a course from letter grade to CR/NC with the consent of the instructor.
- Application for Auditing Classes - Only currently enrolled students may audit a course. An auditor may not participate actively in course work or take final examinations and therefore does not receive credit. Full-time students may audit one four-unit course each semester, without a fee, subject to formal permission through this form. Students not registered full-time may attend courses as auditors, subject to payment of Auditors’ fees. All paperwork must be filed by the appropriate add deadline for the semester.
- Summer Registration Form - Occidental College does not have a formal summer program. Current Oxy students may register for Independent Studies and Internships during the summer by submitting this form to the Office of the Registrar. For those students interested in registering in an internship course, you must first contact the Hameetman Career Center. See Summer Session for deadlines.
LETTERS OF VERIFICATION
- Enrollment Verification Certificate - Currently enrolled students with access to their MyOxy account can request Enrollment Verifications using this link. The certificate will certify current or pre-term enrollment, anticipated graduation date, start date, end date, and enrollment status.
- Enrollment Verification Letter Request - Students who are NOT currently enrolled or those who require more information than what is listed on the Enrollment Verification Certificate may request a custom letter through our office. The additional required information should be expressly stated in the request.
- Degree Verification Letter Request - Graduates may request a degree verification letter, to confirm the degree earned and the degree conferral date. This letter is free of charge. If any additional information is needed, please be sure to indicate this on the form.
- Diploma Replacement Form - The Registrar's Office does not keep copies of diplomas in the student files. If you need a copy of your diploma, you will need to request a new one to be printed. There is a $50 fee per copy, $10 per diploma cover, and $15 if notarization is required. Requests for a new diploma are normally processed within 7-10 business days, or longer depending on office workload.
- Petition for Special Consideration (Note: Students will first be directed to the myOxy login screen)
- Petition for an Incomplete (Note: Students will first be directed to the myOxy login screen)
- Appealing a Student Progress Committee Decision
- Major Declaration
- Minor Declaration
- Independent Pattern of Study
- Adviser Change Request
- Transfer Credit & Course Substitution Form
- Leave/Withdrawal Form
- Returning Student Application
These documents are in .pdf format. You must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these documents. If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it here for free.