Guidelines for processing of payments.


  • Invoices must be submitted to Accounts Payable by 5:00pm on Friday in order for a check to be processed on Thursday and mailed on Friday of the following week.
  • All invoices must include a Fund, Orgn, Account and Activity code (if applicable) and a budget manager approval signature.  Any missing information will delay check processing.
  • Only the department head or budget manager have the authority to approve an invoice for payment.
  • State law requires that we have the original invoice for payment.
  • To confirm payment, you can contact Accounts Payable at x2848 or via email:  Please include the vendor name, invoice number and amount.


  • Services and Supplies Account List
  • For conference travel, please use account code 2346, however, the actual conference fee should be charged to account 2366.
  • Difference between a stipend and a study grant:

    Stipend - Stipends are generally taxable income.  Stipends are often provided to those who are ineligible to receive a regular salary in exchange for the duties they perform, such as interns.  A stipend is usually lower than a salary would be, but the recipient is at the same time able to gain experience and knowledge in a specific field.

    Study grant -  A study grant is an amount provided for the benefit of an individual to aid in the pursuit of study or research.  It is a form of financial assistance awarded primarily on the basis of academic achievement and vocational and professional objectives.  Generally, students are not required to render services to the school as a consideration of their awards or to repay them.  The amount awarded for study grants is taxable, but the College is not obligated to withhold taxes or send a 1099 tax form. 

Nonresident Alien Payment Processing

  • Complete the Check Request Form.
  • Provide the payee a copy of the Tax Compliance Notification Sheet for completion.
  • Submit the completed form, check request and supporting documentation to the Accounts Payable office.
  • For additional information, please contact Jane Sia at x2848 or Shirley Wang at x2953.

Employee Compensation

Direct Deposit

  • Direct deposit is available to employees for advances and expense reimbursement.  It is also available to students for student reimbursements.
  • We encourage everyone to take advantage of this service.  You can review further information via our website /business-office/payroll/direct-deposit.
Contact Business Office
AGC Administrative Center

Rooms 100, 114, 117
1600 Campus Road M-20
Los Angeles, CA 90041