- Invoices must be submitted to Accounts Payable by 5:00pm on Friday in order for a check to be processed on Thursday and mailed on Friday of the following week.
- All invoices must include a Fund, Orgn, Account and Activity code (if applicable) and a budget manager approval signature. Any missing information will delay check processing.
- Only the department head or budget manager have the authority to approve an invoice for payment.
- State law requires that we have the original invoice for payment.
- To confirm payment, you can contact Accounts Payable at x2848 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the vendor name, invoice number and amount.
- Services and Supplies Account List
- For conference travel, please use account code 2346, however, the actual conference fee should be charged to account 2366.
- Difference between a stipend and a study grant:
Stipend - Stipends are generally taxable income. Stipends are often provided to those who are ineligible to receive a regular salary in exchange for the duties they perform, such as interns. A stipend is usually lower than a salary would be, but the recipient is at the same time able to gain experience and knowledge in a specific field.
Study grant - A study grant is an amount provided for the benefit of an individual to aid in the pursuit of study or research. It is a form of financial assistance awarded primarily on the basis of academic achievement and vocational and professional objectives. Generally, students are not required to render services to the school as a consideration of their awards or to repay them. The amount awarded for study grants is taxable, but the College is not obligated to withhold taxes or send a 1099 tax form.
Nonresident Alien Payment Processing
- Complete the Check Request Form.
- Provide the payee a copy of the Tax Compliance Notification Sheet for completion.
- Submit the completed form, check request and supporting documentation to the Accounts Payable office.
- For additional information, please contact Jane Sia at x2848 or Shirley Wang at x2953.
- Employee compensation payments should be processed via the Human Resources office. Please use the Employee Action Request Form (EAR) located on the HR site.
- Direct deposit is available to employees for advances and expense reimbursement. It is also available to students for student reimbursements.
- We encourage everyone to take advantage of this service. You can review further information via our website http://www.oxy.edu/business-