A non-refundable fee of $65 must accompany the Occidental College application for admission.
Students should submit payment directly through the Common Application website via credit card or electronic check (ACH).
Occidental wants to make sure that application fees do not pose a barrier for any student who wishes to apply for admission. If you feel that your financial circumstances might qualify you for an application fee waiver you can submit your application without paying the application fee. Documentation of financial burden must be included within your application.
Indicators of economic need to qualify for an application fee waiver include:
- I have received or am eligible to receive an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver
- My annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service
- I am enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound)
- I can provide a supporting statement from a school official, college counselor, financial aid officer, or community leader
- I participated in Occidental's Tiger Access Program (TAP)
If requesting a fee waiver via the Common App, please indicate which indicator(s) are applicable to you and then click "Continue." Once you click "Continue" you will be able to submit your completed Common Application without submitting a payment fee. More information can be found on the Common App website. Students unable to obtain a waiver can reach out directly to the admission counselor for their region, once their application has been submitted.