The CSS Profile allows us to review your eligibility for Oxy need-based grants, loans, and work programs.
We use the CSS Profile to see which students need help paying for college and how much institutional (Oxy) aid can be awarded in scholarships, grants, work programs, and student loans. Occidental meets the full demonstrated need of all on-time applicants.
CSS Profile Costs
The CSS Profile requires a credit card to pay the registration fee. Fee waivers are available for low-income students. The fee waiver covers the costs of the registration fee and up to eight school reports for eligible applicants who are first-time, first-year filers.
Eligibility for a fee waiver is automatically assessed by the College Board at the time you submit the CSS Profile. If you are eligible for a fee waiver it will automatically be processed, otherwise, you will be asked to pay.
What you Need to Know
The CSS Profile is only available online. Be sure we get your application— add Oxy as a school recipient, our CSS code is #4581.
Before you begin your CSS Profile application, you may want to gather some useful documents to assist you:
- Student and parent(s) Social Security cards
- Student and Parent(s) federal tax returns and W-2(s)
- Parent(s) business tax return(s) (such as 1065, 1120-S, and 1120 forms)
- Bank statements and other investment records
Avoid Common Errors
- Double check that essential information is entered correctly (i.e., social security numbers, date of birth, name as it appears on a social security card).
- Answer all questions to the best of your ability. If you do not understand what a question is asking, contact the College Board helpline at (844) 202-0524.
- Visit the CSS Profile's tutorial at css.collegeboard.org
Noncustodial Parent Requirement
If your parents are divorced, separated, or never married, your noncustodial parent will be required to complete a CSS Profile as well. Occidental requires both parents to complete a CSS Profile information in order to review information for the custodial and noncustodial parent.
If you do not have contact with your noncustodial parent, you may request a waiver for this requirement. The CSS Profile Waiver Request for the Noncustodial Parent is available for download on our forms page. Completion of this request does not guarantee that the waiver will be approved.
Incoming students who do not complete the CSS Profile application (for both custodial and noncustodial parents, if applicable) by the deadline may not be considered for Occidental need-based grants, work awards, or loan funds. Late applicants are not guaranteed institutional funding and are awarded on a first come, first serve basis, while funds are available.
*You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader, which you may download for free, to read or print these .pdf documents.