Secure your financial future by preparing to repay your student loans.

If you borrowed money to pay for your education, you are required to participate in exit counseling to ensure that you know the terms and conditions of your student loans and when you are expected to begin repayment.

When completing exit counseling, be sure to choose the appropriate loan. If you have more than one type of loan , you will have to complete an exit counseling session for each loan type .

Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Exit Counseling

The Department of Education is your lender; however, loan servicers handle billing and other services for your federal student loan.

Common Servicers for Federal Direct and PLUS Loans

If you don’t remember who services your Federal Direct loan, you can receive a summary of your federal student loans through the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) or by calling (800) 433-3243. If your parent(s) borrowed a Parent PLUS Loan, they can also find their servicer through NSLDS as well.

Federal Perkins, Occidental No Interest, Occidental Low Interest Exit Counseling

If you borrowed a Federal Perkins Loan, an Occidental No Interest Loan, or an Occidental Low Interest Loan, your repayment will be administered by Occidental’s Student Business Services Office and Heartland ECSI.


Contact Financial Aid
Office of Financial Aid

AGC Room 119
Occidental College
1600 Campus Road F-35
Los Angeles, CA 90041-3314