Welcome to Oxy! For all of your technology needs, please contact the Technology Helpdesk at 323-259-2880 or email@example.com.
Computer & Software
We will be contacting you over the summer to ask about your computer and software needs so that we are able to provide you with a computer and any software you need when you arrive in the fall.
Moodle is the official learning management system (LMS) of Oxy. While faculty are not required to use Moodle or any other LMS, Moodle is our most robust and centralized way to manage course materials and communications. Moodle can be used to manage files, such as your syllabus and readings, facilitate learning activities, such collaborative annotations and paper submissions, as well as to communicate with your students through announcements and discussion forums.
Start with this Quick Tour of Moodle:
- Find Your Course
- Add Content to Your Course
- Preview Your Course as a Student
- Make Your Course Visible to Students
- Send Announcements to Your Students
Additional tutorials on how to use Moodle for various learning objectives can be found on the Moodle Help website.
Please send your Moodle questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist you.
View information on setting up Course reserves.
Several things we recommend doing right away in Gmail
- Log in via the Gmail login page
- Click on the gear near the upper right, and choose Settings.
- In the General tab
- Set the "Undo Send" period you prefer.
- If you add a Signature, make sure to check "Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the "--" line that precedes it." to ensure it is added right after your message text.
- Marketing & Communications suggests using this template for customizing your email signature.
- In the Chat tab, turn Chat Off if you don't prefer to use it.
- In the Labs tab, Enable Canned Responses for drafting messages you send frequently.
Connecting to you Oxy email on your phone
View information on connecting your email to your phone or other email clients.
Online Help Guides
A great starting place for navigating the initial transition from Outlook to Gmail: https://gsuite.google.com/learning-center/products/gmail/switch-from-outlook/. You can also download the PDF version if you want to keep it accessible on your desktop.
Also check out information on Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets and Forms, and a "Learn by product" drop-down menu to easily access additional guides. Most also have downloadable pdf "cheat sheets" to help you get started.
If you're not finding the topics you need within the sites above, you may find them here. Please note that these help articles are geared toward all Gmail users, but most of the content is also relevant for your Oxy email account, which is a G Suite for Education account.