Welcome to Oxy! For all of your technology needs, please contact the Technology Helpdesk at 323-259-2880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computer & Software
We will be contacting you over the summer to ask about your computer and software needs so that we are able to provide you with a computer and any software you need when you arrive in the fall.
We use Moodle as our course management system. If you're unfamilar with Moodle, access the online training course or send questions or requests for training to to the Technology Helpdesk. The Scholarship Technology group also hosts drop-in sessions in the fall and spring to help you set up your Moodle courses.
View information on setting up Course reserves.
Research and Instruction Support
In addition to the assistance that you can receive through ITS, you'll find a number of folks who support your specific teaching and research needs in the Scholarship Technology group. Send any requests or questions you have to email@example.com, and if the topic is best addressed by one of the staff in this area, we'll route the request directly to them. We also recommend dropping by for one of the CDLR's High-Tech Happy Hours to meet the staff and learn about the new technologies they are exploring.
Several things we recommend doing right away in Oxyconnect (Gmail):
- Log into your Oxyconnect account
- Click on the gear near the upper right, and choose Settings.
- In the General tab
- Set the "Undo Send" period you prefer.
- If you add a Signature, make sure to check "Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the "--" line that precedes it." to ensure it is added right after your message text.
- Marketing & Communications suggests using this template for customizing your email signature.
- In the Chat tab, turn Chat Off if you don't prefer to use it.
- In the Labs tab, Enable Canned Responses for drafting messages you send frequently.
Connecting Oxyconnect to your phone
View information on connecting your email to your phone or other email clients.
Online Help Guides
A great starting place for navigating the initial transition from Outlook to Gmail: https://gsuite.google.com/learning-center/products/gmail/switch-from-outlook/. You can also download the PDF version if you want to keep it accessible on your desktop.
Also check out information on Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets and Forms, and a "Learn by product" drop-down menu to easily access additional guides. Most also have downloadable pdf "cheat sheets" to help you get started.
If you're not finding the topics you need within the sites above, you may find them here. Please note that these help articles are geared toward all Gmail users, but most of the content is also relevant for your Oxyconnect account, which is a G Suite for Education account.