Great news! The Youth Acting Program is back! Classes begin September 10, 2022
Our Improv class for 9-13 year olds is full. We still have room in our Storytelling class for 6-8 year olds.
We are putting some precautions in place to ensure a safe environment for everyone. Since we’ll be indoors, the college requires that anyone joining us be fully vaccinated. We will follow the prevailing masking guidelines this fall whatever they may be.
Please understand the changing nature of the pandemic might force us to cancel the classes. If this happens, everyone who registered will receive a refund. All Covid-19 guidelines and regulations can be found at our Back at Oxy website.
The Youth Acting Program is designed to enhance children's storytelling and improv skills in a fun and playful environment. We have the Youth Storyteller class for children 6-8 years old and the Youth Improv class for those 9-12 years old. At the end of each 8-week course, the students will hold a demonstration of the skills they learned and families are more than welcome to attend.
Classes begin September 10, 2022 and end November 5, 2022. Please note that there is no class on October 29, 2022.
Kids ages 6-8 will work with folk tales from around the world to learn the basics of storytelling, character work, and physical theater. This class emphasizes teamwork and imaginative play. At the end of our eight-week session, parents are invited to an open class to watch their children work together to act out their tale.
Eight weeks: $120
Youth Improv - SOLD OUT
Kids ages 9-12 will learn the basics of “creating something from nothing." In improv, there is no wrong answer. Students will learn to think on their feet, respect each other’s ideas, and work together to create their own stories. At the end of our eight-week session, parents are invited to an informal show where students will play a sampling of the games they learned in class.
Eight weeks: $160
- All classes are held in the Keck Theater Rehearsal Room (Keck 208).
- There is a 10% discount when you enroll siblings.
- We accept cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.
- Children must be the minimum age by September 1, 2022.
- Please have children dress in loose, comfortable clothes they can move in. No jeans, skirts or restricting clothing. Students will be removing their shoes for the class.
- Unlike our summer sessions, we will not be offering mat time after the class. Please pick up your children within 5 minutes of the end of the class. We will be charging you $1 for every minute you are late.
Keck Theater is located on the Occidental College Campus (1600 Campus Road, Los Angeles 90041). You can find directions to the college here. The theater is number 30 on the printable campus map. To get to the Theater, turn right onto Bird Road from Campus Road, then left onto Gilman Road. At the stop sign you will be at A. G. Coons Road, turn right. Keck Theater is on the left, our parking lot is the first driveway on the left.