Oxy uses Google Apps for Education to provide Email, Calendar, and online collaboration tools such as Google Docs through your Oxyconnect account.
Your Oxyconnect account also offers access to a number of additional Google Apps communication and collaboration tools such as Blogger, Maps, Reader, Picasa, You-Tube, Google+, Google Scholar, Knol, Panaramio, Latitude, Earth, Sketch-up, Trends, Finance, and Fusion Tables. To access them, log into Oxyconnect and click on More > Even More in the menu bar.
We offer full support for email, calendar and docs through the Technology Helpdesk. Also check out the Google Apps Learning Center or the Google Apps for Education Training Center for tips, tricks and training videos for Google's "core" services (email, calendar, docs, sites).
Though we are not familiar with all of the bells and whistles that the additional services offer, we will try to assist you if you have questions. You can also consult the Google Support Center, which contains links to Google's help options for each of their services (please note that some services have not been enabled or are not available for oxy.edu accounts).
A wealth of documentation and videos can also be found online on YouTube and other websites. One thing to keep in mind when searching more broadly online is that Google regularly updates their products to include new features, so limiting your search to recently posted results (no more than the last year) using advanced search functions or search operators can be very helpful.
- You'll be asked to choose whether to use your Google+ profile or a Blogger Profile.
- If you use your Oxy account to contribute to another blog that is hosted on Blogger, your profile may be deleted after you leave the college. You may wish to use a personal Gmail account instead, and link to it on your Oxy profile.
- If you create a Google+ profile, it will be published to the web, and at minimum it will reveal your name and show your profile photo.
- You can control whether or not your Google+ profile appears in a list of search results, but you cannot prevent others from seeing your profile.
- How to choose which tabs appear on your public profile
- How to specify who can see information about your connections/circles
- You will see new buttons and options within your Oxyconnect email and calendar which incorporate some functionality from Google+.