The Research Early Access Program (REAP) supports rising sophomore students to participate in Occidental’s 10-week Summer Research Program and complete faculty-mentored research in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, geology, or physics. REAP fellows also participate in talks and programming throughout the subsequent academic year.
About the REAP Fellowship
The program is open to all rising sophomores interested in the sciences of biology, biochemistry, chemistry, geology, and physics. Priority will be given to students who are the first in their families to attend college, and to students historically underrepresented in the STEM fields (i.e. - BIPOC students; Women).
- Study award of $4,500.
- Subsidized on-campus housing and meal plan based on financial need.
To apply, complete the application found on the URC’s Applications & Reports Portal, including a personal statement explaining your interest in the program and how your experiences have shaped your interest in science.
The applications will open on March 14, 2022.
Applications due on April 1, 2022 at 5:00pm.
- Ishan Ashford [mentor: Christopher Oze, Geology]
- Chester Cahill [mentor: Emmanuelle Despagnet-Ayoub, Chemistry]
- Ling Chen [mentor: Janet Scheel, Physics]
- Arelí Fernandez Orozco [mentor: Joseph Schulz, Biology]
- Amanda Iglesias [mentor: Andrew Udit, Chemistry]
- Rachel Iskanian [mentor: Shana Goffredi, Biology]
- Kel Kline [mentor: Gretchen North, Biology]
- Zerlina Lai [mentor: John McCormack, Biology]
- Mashly Martinez [mentor: Andrew Udit, Chemistry]
- Melina Sanchez [mentor: John McCormack, Biology]
- Ella Surposa [mentor: Emmanuelle Despagnet-Ayoub, Chemistry]
- Aaliyah Washington [mentor: Emmanuelle Despagnet-Ayoub, Chemistry]