The Summer Research Program is the Undergraduate Research Center’s flagship program. Each summer, over 100 students from across the College conduct faculty-mentored research for 10-weeks. Support for the program is provided by the College and by endowments, grants, and gifts from many sources.
SRP Fellows are expected to participate in full-time faculty-mentored independent research or creative activity, including:
- a full-time exclusive commitment by Fellows for the entire stated ten-week program period (except in very unusual circumstances, late starts and early departures will not be allowed, and students may not hold other campus employment at the same time as a their fellowship).
- participation in research ethics training -- in-person at our ethics seminar and through completion of an CITI certification program.
- participation in all scheduled meetings.
- regular meetings with research mentor.
- participation in any program assessment effort.
- submission a final report before receipt of the final study grant payment.
- presentation at the Oxy Summer Research Conference.
Fellows are expected to maintain high academic and social standing.
Faculty mentors must be tenure-track or continuing non-tenure track faculty.
The program is open to all continuing students in good academic standing who are able to commit to full-time research for the entirety of the program.
SRP Fellows will receive:
- Study award of $4,500.
- Subsidized on-campus housing and meal plan, based on financial need.
- Candidates can apply for up to $400 in consumable research expenses (itemized budget due with application).
Eligibility for other named fellowships that fund Summer Research Program participation are articulated on the individual webpages.
(i) a project proposal,
(ii) a personal statement,
(iii) an itemized budget, and
(iv) a letter of recommendation from a faculty mentor.
Complete application instructions can be found on the URC’s Applications & Reports Portal on Moodle.
Applications are due on January 31, 2022.