Take a look at what’s ahead throughout the summer for new Oxy students.
Here’s a glimpse into the coming months, along with some general timelines of when materials will need to be completed by and items will be due. This list will be updated with forms, deadlines and additional information throughout the summer. You will be emailed further instructions about all of these steps as well.
- Activate your Oxy network account (myOxy) and Oxy email address - Now!
- Registration opens for Thinking Through COVID-19 course - June 17 registration deadline
- Complete the 2020-21 Housing Form via the link sent to your email - June 30 deadline
- Deadline to complete the Advising Information form - July 1
- Kickstart Oxy - July 27- 29
- CSP 1 and CSP 2 registration deadline - July 28
- Deadline to express interest for Oxy Imersive Semester - July 28
- The notice of your bill for the Fall 2020 semester will be emailed to you and any authorized users on your account - August 1
- Advising appointments - Most will take place August 3- 5
- Registration for new students. During this time you will have the opportunity to register for all of your courses, including your CSP seminar - August 6- 7
- Deadline to take online placement exams for chemistry, mathematics, French, Spanish and German - August 7
- Submit payment for your Fall 2020 tuition and fees - August 15
- New Student Orientation - August 21- 23
- Complete the Online Entrance Interview, Master Promissory Note and Disclosures for Oxy and federal loans (if applicable)
- Review your Clearance form in myOxy - August 26
- Complete/Submit the waiver of FERPA Privacy Rights form in myOxy
There are several required health forms that will need to be completed. These will be available at myhealth.oxy.edu. Additional information about these health forms and health insurance will be provided via email.
- Financial Responsibility and Consent to Treatment (must be signed by student and parent/guardian) - August 17
- Personal Health History (this can be completed online) - August 17
- Deadline to sign up for or waive Oxy student health insurance - August 17
The following forms are required for on-campus study. We are asking for their completion prior to the spring semester:
- Immunization Record (completed by healthcare professional) - December 1
- Physical Exam (only required of individuals falling into select categories) - December 1