1. Explore the Programs & Talk to Returnees.*
2. Need help with your application? Sign up for remote advising.
Mornings PST open advising or Afternoons PST for 2021 Summer/Fall Abroad or Evening International students advising
Before your appointment, complete the Advising Questionnaire. Use your MyOxy username and password to log in.
4. Complete your IPO Application and start your program provider's online application. At this time we do not accept an appeal for a program outside of our approved list. All the program providers on our list are Oxy partners who have records and past experience in providing excellent student support services for our students abroad.
- Fall 2021 Oxy Application Deadline EXTENDED!! Now Sunday, March 7, 2021 (11:59 pm PST)
- Deadline for Provider's Application: Each program varies. Check your program websites to make a timely submission.
- Recommendations: Oxy Recommendations will be sent to your program provider. Do not request any additional recommendations from your professors.
- Think about your goals
: Read these essay prompts
to think about your interest, knowledge, and experiences that motivate you to study abroad. You will be asked to write three essays in the application.
- Talk to your advisor
: Inform your academic advisor
of your plan to study abroad. They will assist you in determining the courses you need and the best time for you to be abroad.
- Do your research
: This is your experience. You owe it to yourself to do your research and the application requires it. Ask Oxy returnees
* about any specific program, country, etc and what courses they have taken
. If an Oxy student is not available, contact your program for another student returnee. If no program returnee is available, reference student evaluations.
- "Internationalize" your curriculum: Courses you have taken at Oxy with a global focus or language study will prepare you.
- Stay open
: Identify programs
that work best for your academic and personal development, as well as that, meets the college standards.
- Enrolled full-time at Oxy the semester prior to participation
- Junior or senior status while abroad
- Target GPA of 3.0 at the time of application
- Neither on academic or disciplinary probation nor under investigation for violations which may result in probation between application and departure
- All holds cleared with campus departments and offices before leaving campus.