International Student Orientation (ISO) LAUNCH!
August 16 - 22, 2022
First-year international students:
- First years arrive at Oxy on August 16 . . . with your "fully vaccinated" documents,* negative COVID test, and ready to LAUNCH!
- August 17 - 19: first years, meet IPO staff, student leaders, and your fellow global tigers! We will have formal sessions, social time, neighborhood exploration, and practical tasks to accomplish. And, oh yeah, get over jet lag!
- August 20 – 22: First years participate in LA Engage ~ IPO pays half the cost! The other half is charged to your student account. Spots limited.
- Invitation to register sent to new students with fewer than 2 years experience with US culture. Contact IPO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visiting Language Assistants:
- August 21: Visiting Language Assistants arrive at Oxy!
- August 22: Visiting Language Assistant orientation.
- August 22 to the start of classes: Participants transition into mandatory new student orientation based on their cohort. There are different specialized sessions for each group (i.e. first-years, exchange, etc.)
ISO programming is not relevant to students who went to high school in the U.S. or Canada, or who have 2 or more years of experience with U.S. culture.
Please email us with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.