Are you looking for a way to pursue your unique project abroad? See below for possible opportunities.
Travel Clearance Requirement
Oxy students who participate in research projects, community placements or project abroad (not domestic) must complete the Oxy Global Projects Clearance a month (we recommend 6-7 weeks for a complete procedure) prior to departure. Please note that your funding will be released only upon the complete clearance. In the online travel clearance, you will be asked to complete the following:
- Agreement to Participate
- Health Report
- Travel Clearance Questionnaire
- Any other required documentation (scanned passport, IRB approval, Host Agreement form, etc)
- Agreement to pay the clearance fee of $29
Finding Funding for Projects Abroad (non-credit)
If you are looking for funding to pursue any global project, please see below for different funding opportunities through Oxy.
- Young Grants (Young Initiative)
- Anderson (Politics)
- Schwartz (Economics)
- Maes (Spanish & French Language and Culture)
- Davis Projects for Peace (SLICE)
- Richter Academic Student Projects (Undergraduate Research Center)
- Other Non-Credit Funding (Undergraduate Research Center)
If you are looking for information on IPO Grants to fund your credit bearing program abroad in summer/winter, please visit this page.
Health & Safety
International Programs Office (IPO) is committed to supporting your needs to have successful experiences abroad. Please see below for available on-campus and off-campus resources.
- Learn About Your Destination (US dept of state): Review the website for visa requirements, travel considerations and other additional information.
- Center for Disease Control: Print and read the health information and recommendations
- World Health Organization
- Embassy and Consulates
- Inclusion Abroad
Make an emergency card to carry with you while abroad with the following information.
- Allergies and/or pre-existing conditions
- Health insurance company and travel phone number
- Travel services phone number for insurance
- Nearest hospital address and phone number
- US Embassy/Consulate address and phone number
- Citizens Services address, phone emergency number